Media Arts Associate - Audio is a full time position responsible for oversight of all sound requirements for worship services, conferences, and events in the main worship center. This will include operation, calibration, and maintenance of existing equipment,
as well as evaluation and recommendation for upgrades or future expansion. This position will develop policies, procedures, and teams for maintaining and operating sound reinforcement systems in other fixed venues as well as for off site events. At times
this position will include duties as a general systems technician when required. Position reports directly to the Director of Media Arts.
- FOH Engineer for weekly worship services and other events.
- Preventive Maintenance of sound equipment and infrastructure.
- Communication with vendors regarding repair/maintenance and rentals/purchases.
- Consistently improve audio at Henderson Hills, both in the worship center and across the entire campus. Examples include: equipment upgrades, improving processes, RF planning and troubleshooting, inventory management, and audio project management.
- Building volunteer teams (recruiting, training, shepherding volunteers) to support other sound requirements.
- Operate and maintain other A/V/L system components when required.
- Communicate with and determine needs of outside groups using HHBC facilities.
- Assist other ministries with A/V/L needs.
- Stage setup/strike.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Will have other, general staff duties from time to time.
- Minimum of 3 years experience of mixing in Worship/Live setting.
- Knowledge and experience with large format, digital audio consoles mixing bands, teaching, video, drama, and scene management. DiGiCo preferred.
- Experience in troubleshooting digital systems, including signal path, conversion, distribution, routing, etc.
- Working knowledge of Allen and Heath ME and Aviom systems.
- Wide bandwidth of professional audio knowledge, including RF technology, audio for video, show planning, system tuning, and intercom. Experience with Shure, DiGiCo, Sennheiser, Meyer Sound and Renkus-Heinz Loudspeakers, Pro-Tools/Reaper, and Telex/RTS desired.
- Music background would be beneficial.
- Servant attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to thrive in a team environment.
- Have a heart to lead and nurture volunteers.
- Dependable, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative.
- Ability to work from lifts, ladders and other high places.
- Experience with Mac OS.
- Experience with ProPresenter.
- Some experience with video and lighting systems.
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to the Director of Media Arts: Michael.Scott@hhbc.com.