Vibrant Church is seeking a Director/Pastor of Children’s Ministry (1st-5th grade), a full-time ministry position. We are a growing church of over approx. 2,500 weekly attendance in Columbus, MS. We believe a strong, excellent, dynamic Children’s Ministry
is essential to the health and growth of our church.
• Born again Christian who feels a call by God into ministry
• Love for children and families
• Strong organizational and leadership skills
• Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
• Ability to manage both adults and children
• Ability to creatively write and enhance lesson plans of existing curriculums as needed
- Creativity, flexibility, always striving for excellence
RESPONSIBILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages 6yrs-5th grade, including Sunday mornings, mid-week services, special events, etc…
• Prepare/enhance curriculum.
• Create environments and activities that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
• Recruit, train, schedule, and lead teams of volunteers.
• Maintain an environment that welcomes families and shows how they can promote, encourage and support their child’s spiritual growth at church and at home.
• Create and support strategies for teaching and assimilating new children and families to Vibrant Church.
• Plan and oversee special events such as Kids Camp, Lockins, etc.
• Produce and direct annual meetings to train, encourage, and share vision with Children’s Ministry volunteers.
• Be prepared to guide and manage both adults and children through sensitive situations as needed.
• Submit and communicate to Next Generation Executive Pastor.
Salary (based on experience and education) - Applicants please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com - No calls please