Covenant UMC, a large vibrant congregation located on the east side of Greenville SC, is seeking an Assistant Director to help lead its Student Ministry of 100+ active students with potential for more growth.
The Assistant Director of Student Ministry plays a key role in the development of Covenant UMC’s vision for reaching and igniting faith in students in Greenville/Greer. The Assistant Director will work alongside the Director of Student Ministries to provide
quality ministry for students in 6th grade through college.
Responsibilities for the Assistant Director include:
– Recruiting and training small group leaders
– Administrative work and record keeping
– Communicating with students, parents and staff
– Develop relationships with Students on and off campus
– Visible role in confirmation process
– Teach regularly in Middle School environments
– Assist with preparation and leading of special events such as retreats, mission trips and service projects
A complete job description is available upon request.
Experience or familiarity of “Orange” philosophy and curriculum is preferred. Prior experience in student ministry is also preferred.