Discovery Bible Fellowship, in Owasso OK is hiring a Community Groups & Teaching Pastor. Discovery functions as a Non-Denominational church which is unapologetically Biblical and contemporary in style. Its theology is reformed and is governed by a Board of Elders. Discovery has grown each of the past 10 years averaging approximately 700 in attendance on a Sunday morning. At the core of the churches values, strategy and mission is transformation through God centered applicable teaching; Community Groups; and local/global cause ministries. We are located in a suburb just 20 minutes north of Tulsa, OK. Please visit our website at www.dbfchurch.com for more information about our church.
If you are looking to serve on a team that is energetic, spiritual contributors who love to laugh, and honor God with integrity, read on…
Our Vision: To be a vibrant community of Christ that God delights in & effectively uses to reach the lost & transform lives. Our mission: Inviting people to discover new life and community in Christ.
Spiritual Growth Philosophy: At Discovery we believe spiritual growth happens naturally as people consistently live out 7 habits over time:
- Be committed to a local church
- Engage God in scripture and prayer
- Grow in a community group
- Serve according to your giftedness
- Invest in God's work - Be generous
- Seek justice for the poor and marginalized
- Invite others to know Christ
Our Core Values:
- It is all about God, not us.
- Love, grace and truth must define all of our relationships.
- Lost people matter to God and therefor are a priority to us.
- Prayer is essential because it releases the power of God to accomplish His purposes.
- God's Word cimmunicated with doctrinal integrity and cultural relevance leads to ongoing transformation.
- God invites every Christian to discover joy and meaning through utilizing his/her spiritual gift(s) in ministry.
- We demonstrate that money is not our god by giving back to God at least 10% of our income.
- Ministry led by the Holy Spirit involves creativity, innovation and risk taking.
- Excellence honors God and inspires people.
Job Title: Pastor of Community Groups, Assimilation and Teaching. Classification: Lead Pastoral Staff One-Sentence Job Description: Make disciples by effectively leading adults to consistently live out the 7 habits of spiritual growth. Direct Report: This position reports directly to the Executive Pastor.
Personal Leader Development in Vision, Mission & Values that grow vibrant groups and causes(Anticipated time 10%)
Lead Discovery’s Assimilation of new and existing people into active fellowship
(Anticipated time 35%)
-Develop an atmosphere that communicates warmth and hospitality for our guests in the church.
-Oversee the follow up and systems which help assimilate move guests to active members of our faith family.
-Work with all staff to provide oppotunities for guests to be better acquainted with the church and ministries.
-Enlist guests to engage in the mission of the church
Lead Discovery's overall adult discipleship (Community Groups)
(Anticipated time 35%)
-Oversee the growth of the community groups from assimilation to leadership.
-Enlist, develop and multiply leaders and coaches.
-Lead, develop, and advance our church-wide small groups system.
-Actively engage in the systematic development of leaders at Discovery.
-Oversight to Men’s, Women’s and Support/Recovery groups (included in our groups system)
Shared staff roles
(Anticipated time 20%)
-Preach on weekend services, as a part of our preaching team. (12-15 x's annually)
-General pastoral functions (weddings, funerals, all church initiatives, dedications)
Optional Role Based on Gifting:
Provide leadership and oversight to Discovery's Local Causes
-Lead and oversee partnerships with local organizations & grass-roots causes.
-Pursue and develop new avenues/causes that bring hope and restoration.
Measure of Success: The person filling this role will help define goals related to people living out of spiritual growth and DBF Leadership Values. Success in this position will be measured by accomplishing those goals.
- Team player
- Ability to cast and communicate vision creatively, consistently and clearly in a winsome manner.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and relational IQ, with the ability to encourage and inspire.
- Creative and Innovative approach to strategic planning and problem solving.
- Ability to create/evaluate/continually modify effective Systems for effective ministry growth.
- Effective Preaching skills with clear evidence of teaching for transformation.
- Experience in community development ministries/projects/causes
- Soft heart, thick skin, can laugh and have fun.
- Passion for Christ and people
- Passion for discipleship (holistic discipleship, not just Bible study)
- Courage and likes a challenge.
- Wisdom and Balance in life (Personal Health, Family, Financial, Relationships, Work)
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree, but prefer a Masters in Ministry.
- Track record that demonstrates the ability to think, plan, and act strategically and relationally.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a full time ministry setting (500+ membership) where the above qualifications have been demonstrated and abilities to perform above responsibilities proven.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship & Creative Arts DirectorRadiant Church
- Ludington, Michigan
- January 13
Pastor of Discipleship and AdministrationNexStep Coaching and Consulting
- Tracy, California
- January 6
Minister of Contemporary Worship & Young AdultsFirst Baptist, Wilmington
- Wilmington, North Carolina
- January 4
Executive Director, ChristChurch PresbyterianChrist Church Presbyterian
- Atlanta, Georgia
- January 3
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- January 3