Church Name: Pacific Coast Church
Date: November 2015
Church website: www.pacificcoastchurch.org
Contact Person: Pastor Daniel Anderson
Pacific Coast Church is celebrating close to 60 years of ministry. Its multi-generational community reflects a balance of young families, singles and “builders”…a true reflection of the San Clemente community they are reaching with the gospel message. Sunday services are a balance of contemporary worship and engaging teaching for the adults, along with a dynamic fully graded children’s and student ministry.
PCC has an average attendance of 1,200 and given the busyness of young families schedules they likely minister to over 1,500 people who call PCC their home church. Approximately 1/3 of Sunday attendees are children and youth. Every Sunday there are over 100 volunteers in children’s ministry. Our mid-week Heroes, Inc. children’s ministry has an average attendance of 200 children and about 70 volunteers.
Location / Demographic
Although San Clemente itself dates back to the early 1900’s, the master planned community of Talega is a newer community attracting young families and professionals. PCC’s primary growth has been with young families. PCC is committed to providing an excellent Children’s Ministry and providing tools and training for young parents to raise their children to follow the Lord.
CHILDREN’S ministry STAFFING structure
The Children’s Ministry will have a full-time Director with a full-time assistant, multiple part-time assistants, and a number of dedicated volunteers who donate their time and energy to the PCC children’s ministry.
PCC is fertile ground for a spiritually mature, highly gifted, compassionate leader who loves families with a desire to minister to children. It is a place where creativity, vision casting, and development are welcomed. The Children’s Ministry Director must have a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ, be a solid leader with excellent people skills and administrative organization. The director will be responsible for recruiting, training, and leading the CM ministry team in creating, developing, implementing, and maintaining an ongoing, vibrant ministry for children, birth through 5th grade.
- Born-Again Christian who has a consistent, growing relationship with Christ.
- College degree; Major in Child Development, Elementary Education, Biblical studies or Leadership a plus.
- Management experience at a church or business is preferred. Children’s Director at a large church is a bonus but not a requirement.
- Strong Leadership Abilities
- Big picture thinker yet also attune to detail.
- Good balance of Administration, Management and People skills.
- Event Planning
- Responsible & Effective Budgeting
- Flexible and Creative in nature.
- Computer and social media skills a plus.
- Oversight and leadership of the children’s ministry. This primarily includes Sunday morning, Wednesday night ministry - Heroes, Inc. (Sept. – May), Moppets (Sept. – May), and 2 VBS style summer day/evening camps.
- Research, choose, coordinate and implement curriculum for Sunday School, Heroes, Inc., Moppets & summer camps
- Manage, supervise and train paid CM Staff
- Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget.
- Recruit, screen, train, and encourage children’s ministry volunteers
- Communicate consistently with parents and provide the tools needed for spiritual leadership.
- Build relationships with families & be their advocate within the church body.
- Cast the CM Vision for the year(s) & strategy for implementation
- Coordinate & keep current the CM Website with IT Staff
- Initiate publicity for all CM events & activities
- Spiritual Guidance for the CM Staff
- Vision Casting
- Initiate creative strategies and implementation of all Children’s Ministries for the calendar year
- Lead, train & assess Children Ministry Staff
- Develop annual Children’s Ministry calendar to include: Ongoing ministries, special events, family nights, holiday events, outreach, camps, etc.
- Partner with other PCC Departments & Ministries
- Build relationships with parents & families
- Manage Children’s Ministry budget
- Should always exhibit spiritual maturity & professionalism in demeanor and relationships.
- Have a conscientious work ethic. Be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Able to work well with all types of personalities
- Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Salary range based on education, experience, and expertise.
- Health, dental, & disability insurance benefits
- Long-term care policy which may be personally supplemented
- 401K option up to 6% matching funds after the first year of employment
- Two weeks vacation year one; three weeks vacation after year one
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistryChandler Christian Church
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistriesWhittier Area Community Church
- Whittier, California
- October 20