The Worship Pastor is the primary leader of the worship and technical teams for Pinelake’s Starkville campus. This person will be responsible for the spiritual health and musical development of the teams within his/her care. As a leader, the Worship Pastor
will develop, implement, direct and promote a Worship Ministry that is relevant to both the Pinelake Starkville congregation and to the wider community. The Worship Pastor also serves as the primary worship leader for Sunday worship services, Wednesday Renewal
services and other services as appropriate.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Plan, oversee and evaluate all components of the Worship Ministry.
- Establish goals and objectives for this ministry and initiate strategies to fulfill them.
- Work in coordination with the overall goals and objectives of Pinelake’s mission and strategies.
- Work closely with Lead Pastor of Worship to ensure continuity of worship service programming among campuses.
- Plan and promote activities to support the Worship Ministry’s strategies and supervise the communication of these activities to other staff members and the church congregation as appropriate.
- Supervise the enlistment, education and evaluation of all servant leaders in the Worship Ministry, which may include worship choir, vocalists, praise bands, and technical support teams.
- Provide training opportunities to Worship Ministry servant leaders in keeping with the principles taught in Ephesians 4:11-12.
- Regularly communicate with the Campus Pastor, peers, subordinates and servant leaders concerning the strategies and activities of the Worship Ministry and schedule activities as specified by Pinelake policy and procedures.
- Conduct regular planning meetings with subordinates and servant leaders.
- Prepare and manage the Starkville Worship Ministry budget within the parameters established by the Campus Pastor and Senior Leadership Team.
- As a loyal team member, cooperate with other staff members and follow the leadership of the Campus Pastor.
- Assist other ministers as necessary in the successful completion of regular worship events and special events.
- Attend at least one regular weekly worship service and be present on the church campus during all other regular weekly worship services.
- Participate in the selection of worship resources to effectively communicate God’s eternal truths; remain up-to-date on new resources.
- Perform administrative duties such as compiling reports, preparing expense reports and completing purchasing orders as specified by church policy.
- Purchase and oversee the use and maintenance of all equipment used by the Worship Ministry to ensure proper operation, safety of the operator and participants, and security of the equipment.
Supervisory Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supervises and coordinates work with servants and servant leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and three to five years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- NOTE THAT A VIDEO LINK IS REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE. PLEASE ADD A LINK IN YOUR RESUME.