The Senior Pastor position will be available beginning in April 2016. The current Senior Pastor will be retiring after nearly 21 years of service, with his last Sunday being Easter Sunday 2016.
The Senior Pastor will:
1. Ensure that the congregation of Mililani Community Church is fed spiritually through the preaching and teaching of God's Word. The majority of all public preaching will be done by the Senior Pastor.
2. Ensure that the church is equipped to do the work of the ministry through preaching, teaching, discipleship, and counseling ministries.
3. Reach the lost for Christ through personal evangelism, and the enthusiastic support of other church ministries such as missions, AWANA, and Preschool.
4. Serve as an Elder on the Board of Elders.
5. Teach/facilitate small-group Bible studies throughout the week.
The Senior Pastor must:
1. Meet the Biblical qualifications of a pastor/elder as defined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
2. Show evidence of God's call to the pastoral ministry.
3. Have a strong expository preaching ministry.
4. Be an individual who emphasizes and guards the nourishment of his own soul and deepening of his personal relationship with the Lord through prayer and quality time in God's Word.
5. Possess strong people skills.
6. Possess the ability to handle stressful situations, working under pressure, and handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
7. Be able to adjust to highly irregular working hours.