Baxter Road Bible Church is seeking a Director of Children’s Ministry, a full-time ministry position. We are a growing, non-denominational church of about 400 in Anchorage, Alaska. We believe a strong, dynamic Children’s Ministry Program is essential to
the health and growth of our church community. We are looking for a person who understands and agrees with our mission, meets our qualifications and who will be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man. - Luke 2:52
Our Children’s Ministry Mission at BRBC is to meet children at their level of development, to teach them the love of Christ and the joy of his forgiveness and salvation, to help them learn the truth of God’s Word and to encourage their growth within the
body of believers.
- Born again Christian who feels a call by God into children’s ministry
- Love for children and families
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
- Ability to manage both adults and children
- BA or BS (ministry and/or education experience preferred)
- Ability to edit/write lesson plans of existing curriculums as needed
- Creativity, flexibility, heart to pursue God and His people
- Membership at Baxter Road Bible Church
RESPONSIBILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth to 6th grade including Sunday mornings, possible mid-week services, co-direct VBS, special events, etc…
- Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and each age level.
- Create environments, activities, and programming for each group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Recruit, train, schedule, and lead teams of volunteers to accomplish BRBC Children’s Ministry mission.
- Make a genuine, concerted effort to build relationship, trust, and confidence with children in your care.
- Maintain an environment that welcomes and informs families about BRBC Children’s Ministries and how they can promote, encourage and support their child’s spiritual growth at church and at home.
- Create and support strategies for teaching and assimilating new children and families to Baxter Road Bible Church.
- Plan and oversee special events such as Trunk or Treat, VBS, Spring Break Sleepover, Start Your Engines… with the goal of six special outreach events per year.
- Produce and direct bi-annual meetings to train, encourage, and share vision with Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Be prepared to guide and manage both adults and children through sensitive situations as needed.
- Submit and communicate to pastoral staff about vision, challenges, successes, changes, and purchases connected to BRBC Children’s Ministry program.
Applicants email resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - No calls please.