New Hope is a growing church in the Salem, Oregon area that has a great history of impacting its community. We are continually seeing lives transformed by the love and power of Christ. We take a team approach and invest in our teams. We believe it’s our
job as leaders to equip the saints to do the work of the ministry by raising up volunteer leaders to help fulfill our commission. We guard and create a culture that encourages our best, that honors one another, and that serves with purpose.
Position: High school Pastor
Position Type: Full or Part Time
How to Apply:
- Read Position summary
- Check us out at www.inewhope.org
- Submit Resume to email@example.com (include Job tittle in subject of email.)
- We will follow up within 3 weeks
The High School Pastor / Youth Director will be responsible for recruiting, developing, leading, and shepherding the youth (9th-12th grade) for New Hope Church. The Youth Director will develop successful High School Ministries, while also reaching out into
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and manages on-site High School Ministries.
- Develops and implements age appropriate curriculum/messages that are Biblical and relevant to youth.
- Coordinates outreach events that target the “un-churched” youth in an effort to lead people to Christ.
- Recruits and trains youth and youth volunteer leaders.
- Implements Youth Small Groups and Campus Clubs.
- Develops relationships within local public schools and other organizations impacting the youth community to ensure a strong presence.
- Attends local youth activities and events in the community.
- Ensures that Sunday Youth Services run smoothly and the Gospel is clearly communicated.
- Provides guidance to and assists with the growth and development of student leaders.
- Administers general biblical counseling to youth and families.
- Responds to requests from the congregation and community in a timely fashion, ensuring the highest level of customer service, professionalism, integrity and follow through.
- Interacts regularly with individual department heads and ministry leaders to ensure that the department/ministry’s operational priorities are aligned with New Hope’s direction and goals.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Pastor.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Divinity degree,
but not required.
- A minimum of 4 years of Youth Ministry experience.
- Ability to understand and relate to youth and families.
- Demonstrated skills and techniques to recognize problems and apply timely and appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure and follow-through to ensure effective resolution.
- Demonstrates ability to make independent decisions based on the vision and values of New Hope.
- Proven ability to interact in a consistently positive manner with external patrons, including volunteers, visitors and guests, using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility, respect and courtesy in gesture and speech.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; responds promptly to requests for service, and works well in groups to problem-solve situations; strong team player who meets commitments.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, including excellence in oral and written communications to verbalize issues clearly, concisely, and competently in positive or negative situations.
- Must possess computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint).
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Ability to be firm but gracious in dealing with staff, and ministry leaders and others.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Self-motivated and flexible with strong organizational skills, and the ability to work well with timelines and short deadlines.
- Ability to provide sound, biblical counsel, while recognizing and maintaining confidentiality, as appropriate.