(**All applicants must complete online application, upload resume & submit their Philosophy of Kids Ministry. Please submit all these materials on the Kingsway website at: www.kingswaychurch.org/connect/employment. Applicants who don't submit all these materials will not be able to be considered**)
~kids team leader~
FLSA: Exempt | Full-Time
Responsible to: Executive Director of Ministries
Mission and Purpose: The Kids Team Leader’s primary responsibility is to lead the Kids ministry team to ensure alignment with the overall church mission & vision. Including leading, managing and developing the Kids Ministry (Birth – 4th Grade) at KCC and to oversee the Kids ministry staff.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the Kids Ministry Team in casting vision and developing a thriving ministry for kids, birth – 4th grade, which embraces the overall mission, vision and values of KCC.
- Evaluating Kids Ministry components to ensure they are accomplishing the vision & goals of Kids Ministry.
- Develop and implement strategies to connect with new families and partner with parents in accordance with the Orange Philosophy
- Provides oversight and strategic leadership to all Kids Ministry programs (Birth – 4th Grade)
- Create and maintain a Kids Ministry calendar of all events and activities
- Develop curriculum as needed
- Ensures safety of kids by identifying and implementing appropriate risk management and training practices
- Shepherd and concentrate on spiritual development of the entire kids ministry
- Ensure creation and implementation of a growing Special Needs ministry
- Nurture one’s own spiritual formation and professional development through personal time for study, preparation, planning and continued training and learning opportunities.
- Ensure necessary interdepartmental communication is taking place between the Kids team and other departments
- Provide pastoral care to children and their families, including hospital visitation when appropriate
1st – 4th Grade Ministry
- Identifies, recruits, develops, leads and motivates volunteers
- Raising up volunteers to lead Sunday morning teaching experiences
- Take initiative to build relationships, conduct regular training and show appreciation to volunteers, in connection with Lifegroups Associate.
- Plan & coordinate aspects of Spring Hill Daycamps
Management of Kids Team
- Lead the formation of a comprehensive kids ministry that fosters good communication and a strong sense of community among team members
- Supervise Kids Team staff including coaching, development, shepherding, goal-setting and performance appraisal
- Develop an annual ministry plan that aligns with Kingsway’s vision & mission and evaluate regularly
- Develop and oversee the annual budget for kids department
- Bachelor degree in Children’s Ministry and Bible, or related field
- 3-5 years Kids Ministry experience required, supervisory experience a plus
- Required Qualities and Characteristics: Mature Christian with clearly articulated theological understanding, Diplomatic and authentic conflict manager, Cooperative spirit with excellent communication & interpersonal skills, Passion and heart for the spiritual formation of kids and partnering with parents
- Skills and experience desired:
- Supervising, shepherding, leading & developing people, groups & teams
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Teaching experience & comprehensive understanding of the Orange Philosophy
- Must be a member of Kingsway Christian Church, or willing to become a member, and be a part of a Life Group
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistryChandler Christian Church
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 20
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Kingsway Christian Church
Growing Christian Church in the Indianapolis west suburbs.
Our Vision - Kingsway… a place where the lost and broken are transformed by the love of Christ.
Our Mission - To lead people who are far from God into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ