The Student Pastor at the Journey will think strategically about how to develop middle and high school students into fully devoted followers of Christ in a way that aligns with our vision and culture as a church. He will oversee and provide leadership to
the entire student ministry on all of our campuses. He will envision, equip, and lead student ministry teams. He will work closely with the Family Ministry Team as a whole to help ensure the student ministry fits within a comprehensive ministry structure
from birth to college. Our goal is to create excellent, engaging environments for students to be ignited to pursue God together.
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college. (Seminary education is a plus)
2. Minimum of 3-5 years' experience leading, or leading within, a vibrant, growing student ministry.
3. Experience and skills demonstrating the ability to grow a healthy structure that will support
4. A desire to embrace, cast, and implement the Journey’s vision within the Student Ministry.
5. Maintains a healthy relationship with Christ and shows personal and spiritual maturity.
6. Strong leadership wed with conflict resolution skills and possesses a solid work ethic.
7. Relates well with a diverse groups of students, including different levels of spiritual maturity, cultural
backgrounds, family structures, education, age, and more.
8. Possess administrative, leadership, and management skills in training and leading multigenerational
9. Working knowledge of creating engaging environments for students.
10 Competency in social media and other programs necessary to design and develop schedules, ministry
marketing info, and accomplish daily tasks.
11. Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and possess the stamina and energy to work with and
lead students and their leaders.
12. Experience and passion for teaching/preaching to large groups of students and parents.