In light of the increasing size and scope of Ark Church and its operations, the addition of more ministry personnel, and the necessity for the Lead Pastor to focus attention on the overall vision and direction of the church, the position of Associate Pastor
has been designed with overall responsibility for advancing the vision and mission of the Ark Church through the oversight of all church ministries, particularly Children’s Ministries (Infant – 6th grade) and support functions, provide leadership
to Northridge Academy (the Ark Church’s afterschool program and future preschool program). The role complements the visionary and pastor-teacher spiritual gifts of the Lead Pastor and partners with him and the staff to achieve the mission of the church. This
position could also be filled by the right couple with gifting and experience in the areas of church administration and children's ministries.
The Associate Pastor will be a leader who will provide organization leadership and whose focus is on the day-to-day ministry operations, children’s ministry and Afterschool program of the church. He will possess a passion for mentoring, developing leaders and shepherding members in the implementation of the church vision. His counsel will be sought to help shape and manage the strategies developed by the Lead Pastor, Hispanic Pastor and staff. To summarize, the purpose of the Associate Pastor is to lead the Family ministries to the next level and increase the effectiveness of the church’s leadership collectively and in their respective ministries, while ensuring the alignment of ministry with the overall vision and strategic direction of the church.
The successful candidate will hold at least a bachelor’s degree and/or extensive relevant and current leadership experience in church leadership, children’s ministry and administration. They will also possess a minimum of five years’ experience in a church leadership role or seven years of experience working directly under the Lead pastor at a church of similar DNA.
• Organizational oversight
- Assist Lead Pastor with Leadership Training & Development strategies.
- Develop efficient systems that help staff and volunteers maintain high standards of excellence.
- Resource and develop leadership materials as needed.
- Provide spiritual guidance and support for staff.
- The ability to equip and develop others
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- The ability to create management and development systems
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Must be a high capacity leader who is a self-motivated self-learner
- A comprehensive understanding of computer/IT use.
A call to the next generation is of most importance to us at the Ark. The role of the Associate Pastor is also to provide leadership, development, and direction for the Children’s Ministry staff and volunteer teams as it pertains to the vision, mission and strategy of the Ark Church and to provide direct oversight to all areas of Family Ministry, mainly Ark Kidz, (Children’s Ministries ( birth – 6th grade) and the Afterschool program.
The Associate Pastor provides leadership, training, support and oversight to all Children’s Ministry staff (volunteer & paid). The Associate Pastor works closely with the Lead Pastor and is responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of children and equipping parents to fulfil their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
- Meets the scriptural requirements for pastoral leadership.
- Spends time in prayer and in the study of God’s word on a daily basis.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by actions, attitude, and behavior.
- Is involved in personal discipleship, either small group or one-on-one.
- Stays current with ministry trends by listening to podcasts, reading books and attending approved conferences.
- Attends all staff meetings and retreats, as directed.
- Maintains flexible working hours as determined by the needs of the ministry.
- Reliable, takes initiative, self-motivated and excellent at following through on details. ?
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity. ?
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality. ?
- Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers and volunteers.?
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style. ??
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security?resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
- Proven ability to achieve results.
- Music abilities and leading Worship preferred.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of those essential job duties
Compensation and Benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications
Interested parties should forward a complete application packet to email@example.com including the following:
1. Cover letter with general background information including why this position would be your next right step and why you would excel at The Ark Church.
2. Current resume
3. List of three references
4. 3 videos of recent ministry (preaching, teaching, worship, ministry event, etc.)
For more information regarding this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.O. Box 668
Nags Head, NC 27959
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Fellowship
- Walla Walla, Washington
- January 15
Associate Pastor for DiscipleshipCanopy Roads Baptist Church
- Tallahassee, Florida
- January 14
Associate Pastor of Family MinistriesAGORA Search Group
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- January 13
Director of Family MinistriesMinistry Architects
- Shreveport, Louisiana
- January 13
Associate PastorLake Sarah Baptist Church
- Slayton, Minnesota
- January 13