Grace Church, an evangelical church in Lititz, PA is looking to hrie a Director of Student Ministry (Grades 5-12). The successful candidate will be a servant of God who is passionate about students and knows how to help them develop a solidly biblical worldview
for impact in God's world. We are looking for someone who understands the urgency of reaching people for Christ and knows how to help students see people as God sees them (Ephesians 2:1-10). This candidate will understand how to prepare students who are confronted
with secular challenges to their faith. He will love students unconditionally and be willing to sacrifice for them for the sake of Christ. He will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be an avid learner. A team member
par excellence, loyal and truthful, always looking for the good of the whole. An experienced worker in this area, preferably in the context of a larger church with a ministry team.
If you believe you posess these traits (please read the position description for more details), please send your resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org with a one page cover letter explaining why you believe you are the right fit for this position. You will get a response from our search team as soon as possible.
We kindly ask you to be patient with us and make no further inquiries at this point. We will be praying for you, and we ask you to pray for us as we seek God's will for this important decision.
Director of Student Ministry
Title: Director of Student Ministry
Area: 5th - 12th Grades
Reports to: Pastor of Administration
A devoted servant committed to God and the mission to reach people for Christ and coach them to live for Him with purpose and abandon.
Personal public life are in order, conduct is above reproach.
Capable of working together as part of a team (in unity, even if not in unison).
Proven experience in the direct area of work, preferably in a larger church as part of a ministry team.
A Bachelor's degree.
Ability to understand and teach God's Word well and in a relevant way so that it relates to this generation.
Organization skills to recruit, resource, and help a team succeed.
Teachable, humble, and gentle, but not shy about bringing fresh perspectives to the table.
Impeccable work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
Great interpersonal and communication skills.
This full time position is responsible for all the details of our student ministry (5th - 12th grades) department. This individual will build, equip and lead a team of volunteers to serve and shepherd our students, make disciples, and articulate a biblical
worldview that will permeate every area of their lives.
This individual will also develop ministry goals and implement strategies for student ministries that are in line with the mission and vision of Grace Church.
Essential Job Functions:
These represent the fundamental job requirements which an individual must be able to perform in order to accomplish the basic duties of the job:
- Oversee, build and equip a student ministry team of volunteers.
- Develop a comprehensive student ministry strategy to recruit and maintain volunteers for all areas of student ministry in conjunction with the department and overall Grace Church culture of serving.
- Develop a plan for an online presence and continuation, including social media and website, in conjunction with the Communications Coordinator.
- Provide volunteers with the resources, training and encouragement needed to effectively minister to the students.
- Ensure that student ministry volunteers adhere to the Child Protection Policy of Grace Church.
Programming and Ministries Functions:
- Work in conjunction with the Pastor of Administration to develop and sustain discipleship goals and direction that are aligned with the overall mission and vision of Grace Church.
- Give direct oversight to the preparation and implementation of all aspects of student ministries at Grace, which currently includes Club 56, Jr. High (grades 7 & 8), and Sr. High (grades 9 - 12).
- Supervise any church-wide special events that focus on students.
- Develop/adopt a teaching plan that helps students understand Scriptures and how they can apply them to their daily lives.
- Create and implement multiple opportunities for hands-on learning experiences.
- Intentionally seek to give students avenues to learn cross-culturally, whether here or abroad, in order to allow them to develop a worldview that cares for the poor, appreciates God's diversity, and ministers in contexts that differ from their own.
- Intentionally equip and vigorously prepare students with a biblical foundation and framework that will help them withstand the barrage of criticism they will likely have to face once they leave home to go to college.
- Work in conjunction with the ministry team and existing organizational structures to make sure the needs of our student ministry are being met in the areas of IT, media, facility, budget, office support, etc. to provide the quality student ministry programming
expected week in and week out at Grace Church.
- Maintain all student resources (i.e. resources, curriculum, equipment, etc.) with help from the team.
- Communicate regularly with parents, volunteers, students, etc. regarding schedules, events, changes.
- Attend all required meetings, provide reports when necessary.
- Any other duties/functions/meetings assigned by the Pastor of Administration.
Grace Ministries consists of Grace Church, Lititz Christian School and The Early Learning Center (Pre-School) and is a growing, fast paced, dynamic, and transitioning environment.
As God continues to grow our ministry and staff, we are looking for a team player who can make a contribution to build Kingdom values in the lives of our students, as well as help our students reach others for Christ who will live by the same values.
Grace Church is "elder-governed, staff lead." The elders are charged with the overall direction and fiduciary responsibilities of the church. The staff, under the guidance of the Lead Pastor, cares for the day-to-day operational and ministerial needs of
the church. All of our staff members see their daily functions as more than just a job, as they seek to serve God with excellence and passion.
We work hard to be an example in helping fulfill Grace Church's mandate to lead people to Christ and coach them to live for Him with purpose and abandon. We are a staff that willingly allows ourselves to be held accountable through bi-annual reviews according
to our position descriptions.
We are also constantly seeking, with God's help and personal accountability from the team, to get better in the areas of character, competence, commitment, compassion and courage, as every team member's spiritual and professional formation is important to
us. We foster an environment of openness and fearless feedbakc, while highly valuing a culture of loyalty and unity with respect to the team. We strive to maintain a strong Christian testimony to each other and with outsiders so we can individually and collectively
bring glory to God and make the Name of Jesus famous both here and abroad.