The Contemporary Worship Leader will provide spiritual leadership for a service that is God focused through the gift of music and prayer. A service that is led and empowered by the Holy Spirit allowing for sensitivity, flexibility and a service that uses a variety of gifted people at Richmond Hill United Methodist Church (RHUMC).
The main goal of the Contemporary Worship Leader is to share the Word of God through the use of songs, instruments, and vocals developing an atmosphere of community where the participants experience personal and spiritual growth. The Contemporary Worship Leader is responsible for providing direction that supports the overall vision, mission, and values at RHUMC.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
• Nurture and grow contemporary worship service at RHUMC.
• Develop and oversee Crossfire worship band, singers, and congregation in worship on Sunday morning.
• Find chords, lyrics, and copyright information for all music and have available for rehearsal/worship service for all musicians and singers.
• Assist in development of ministry team, welcome and recruit all who indicate a musical interest and desire to join the worship team.
• Work with the Senior Pastor to enhance and support the message through song selection.
• Spend time in prayer with team members, families and leaders at RHUMC.
• Communicate regularly with Senior Pastor and key worship service participants.
• Communicate in a timely and effective manner with team members, staff, leaders, and other members of the congregation about upcoming events.
• Create healthy, trusting relationships with all worship team members.
• Promote Christian fellowship, spiritual development and leadership opportunities.
• Attend weekly staff meetings.
• Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ with a strong biblical foundation, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
• Be committed to spiritual integrity and excellence, always seeking personal growth though Bible reading, prayer and Christian community.
• Exemplify the church’s values and uphold staff policies.
• Have a servant’s heart and a drive for building community.
• Exercise discernment and wise judgment.
• Have a friendly, inclusive, and enthusiastic team approach while working with team members, staff and leaders.
• Possess strong leadership, teaching, communication, organizational and administrative skills.
• Self-starter, ability to multi-task, and prioritize projects.
• Ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
• Mature leader with a deep passion for mentoring and discipling team members, committed to helping them grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Be positive, energetic, and creative, full of grace and patience with others.
• Strong stage presence and ability to lead congregation into the presence of God.
• Basic knowledge of music technology and how it can enhance the service (i.e. Sound, light, video)
• Completion of any background investigation to satisfy Safe Sanctuary requirements.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate music and video selections for weekly Contemporary worship service
• Recruit, develop and schedule volunteer worship band, Crossfire
• Provide leadership for Contemporary worship service
• Provide leadership for and coordinate music for Crossfire rehearsals
• Initiate new music opportunities for volunteer Praise team
• Attend worship planning meetings
• Work closely with other staff and team for quality worship experience
• Other duties supporting RHUMC determined by background, skills and abilities
• 3-5 years experience leading a contemporary worship service
• Bachelor’s degree in Music or Church Ministry preferred
Please send resume (electronic copies accepted and preferred) including a video demonstration of your work along with salary preferences. Video footage can be relayed to us via YouTube or other means via the Internet.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Creative Arts PastorIndiana Community Church
- Indianola, Iowa
- September 27
Worship & Creative ArtsVintage Faith Church
- Santa Cruz, California
- September 27
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Worship LeaderFaith Community Christian Reformed Church
- Wyckoff, New Jersey
- September 26
Worship DirectorCornwall Church
- Mount Vernon, Washington
- September 26
Richmond Hill United Methodist Church
We are a community of believers comprised of people from many places and backgrounds, unified by our faith, and working towards the common goal of sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ. Our style of worship is predominantly traditional, but on any given Sunday we may include drama, dance, contemporary special music, interactive sermon responses, or other elements through which we can enhance the Message and glorify God. More...