Brandywine Valley Baptist Church
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Date Posted: 11/22/2015
Categories: Communications – Marketing/Media/Technology - Other
Job Type: Part-Time (29 hours)
The Communications Director at Brandywine Valley Baptist Church (BVBC) will be responsible for providing leadership, vision, and tactical support in the development and implementation of communications at BVBC. The goal of the Communications Director role is to support the teaching and discipleship ministries of BVBC by handling all internal and external core messaging with excellence in both content and presentation. This person will oversee anything people "read, touch or click". The Communications Director will plan, create, implement, and organize effective communications messages and strategies to both church and community audiences. Successful church communicators are passionate about the church's vision and care about how it translates to people inside and outside of the church, always seeking to create channels of communication to connect people to the church and help them take their next steps towards Christ.
- Must continually subscribe to Brandywine Valley Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith.
- Support and contribute to the mission and vision of Brandywine Valley Baptist Church.
- Model Christlikeness.
- Participate in discipleship in the church.
- Exercise Spiritual Disciplines.
- Must be a people-oriented team player, and be able to educate and organize.
- Proficient in writing and communicating.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to manage details, multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Comfortable using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc).
- BS/BA degree in a communications/marketing related field preferred.
- Able to learn new technology or programs as they develop.
- Competent to manage a volunteer team within this structure.
- Brand Development and Management: Articulate the identity, culture, and vision of BVBC through Know, Grow and Go and create consistency across all church initiatives and ministries. Empower ministry leaders with branding guidelines, and serve as the brand manager for BVBC to ensure consistency across channels.
- Content and Collateral Creation: Collaborate with Ministry Leadership Team and Communications team to maintain consistency across series promotions, design projects, and all materials representing BVBC.
- Maintenance of Web Presence: Proactively work with Communications team to ensure that BVBC maintains an effective, current presence on the web; additionally, build followings and manage ongoing messaging and communication strategies on social media outlets.
- Internal Communications: Develop and implement effective internal communications to BVBC congregation through effective use of email campaigns, bulletins, and other applicable channels.
- External Communications and Media Relations: Develop and implement and manage effective external communication strategies to our community, and prospective guests through effective use of advertising and promotional initiatives, signage, web, and other applicable channels.
- Managing the Budget: Manage the approved budget within approved guidelines.
- Team Leadership and Collaboration: Develop volunteer teams deemed necessary to accomplish communications goals; Enlist, equip and encourage qualified volunteers such as graphic designers, videographers, photographers and writers.
- Reports to the Ministry Leadership Team.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Media DirectorNorthshore Christian Church
- Everett, Washington
- October 20
Communications DirectorChapel Hill Bible Church
- Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- October 20
Technical DirectorSlingshot Group
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- October 19
Media & Communications DirectorSlingshot Group
- Valencia, California
- October 19
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19