GREAT LAKES CHURCH FAMILY PASTOR
Great Lakes Church (Racine, WI) is seeking a strong team-minded leader who is gifted at developing volunteers, teams, and leaders.
We aren’t interested in someone who is looking for a job, we want someone who is willing to invest in the Racine community and be a part of what God is doing through Great Lakes Church. Please read the following information, and if it sounds like something
you would be interested in then go ahead and contact us!
YOU MUST HAVE A VIDEO OF YOU LEADING STUDENTS OR CHILDREN TO APPLY. THE AUDIO IN THE VIDEO MUST BE CLEAR AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND.
Great Lakes Church began back in 2009 with just a handful of people. Our vision from day one was to create a faith community that was laser focused on making it easy for people to find and follow Jesus Christ. Six years and three campuses later, more than
1500 people attend Great Lakes Church on a weekly basis. It’s been an amazing move of God… and we’re just getting started.
Here’s a 45-minute documentary that will give you a better idea of our church: greatlakeschurch.com/ourstory
Here are a few churches we pay attention to, and regularly learn from, in style, culture, and creativity:
- North Point Community Church (Alpharetta, GA)
- Church on the Move (Tulsa, OK)
- Granger Community Church (Granger, IN)
- Willow Creek Community Church (Barrington, IL)
Some of the most influential leaders we are listening to:
- Andy Stanley
- Craig Groeschel
- Carey Nieuwhof
- Reggie Joiner
- Greg Boyd
- Bill Hybels
- Rick Warren
The book that best represents our church's vision and strategy is called "Deep and Wide,” by Andy Stanley. Here's a brief description of it: Deep & Wide provides church leaders with an in-depth plan and strategy for creating churches un-churched people absolutely
LOVE to attend. Andy writes, “Our goal is to create weekend experiences so compelling and helpful that even the most skeptical individuals in our community would walk away with every intention of returning the following week . . . with a friend!” If your team
is more concerned with who you are REACHING than who you are KEEPING, Deep & Wide will be more than a book you read; it will be a resource you come back to over and over!
We have been a "mobile church" for 6.5 years now. However, we’ve recently bought some property for our Kenosha campus and will begin constructing a facility within the next 24 months. It's an exciting time to be a part of what is going on!
Our Staff Culture:
- We operate with passion, drive, and focus
- We are financially responsible
- We are culturally aware
- We solve problems creatively
- We crave feedback
- We empower and energize people
- We focus on our mission
Great Lakes Church Family Pastor
Church Size: 350+ (Racine Campus)
Job Type: Full-Time
Supervisor: Racine Campus Pastor
Job description: The family pastor is responsible for mobilizing, training, leading, and energizing all of the adult volunteers who serve with children and/or students at the Racine Campus.
- Previous leadership experience (a minimum of 3 years experience in student and/or kids ministry)
- A PROVEN TRACK RECORD of building and inspiring volunteers.
- An advocate for connecting with parents and equipping them to be a spiritual leader in the life of their child(ren) and/or student(s).
- Strong communicator
- Mobilize, develop, and pastor all the volunteers working with children and students in our various programs.
- Debrief after each weekend program, evaluating teacher effectiveness, technical success, children’s responses, and making course corrections as needed; provide constructive feedback to volunteers.
- Ensure that we have exciting and dynamic curriculum in all of our programs for children and students.
- Create and implement a strategy that draws families into the church through the children’s and student ministry programs.
- Lead and develop teams and volunteers so that they are operating in their strengths and being most effective in their specific volunteer role.
- Partner with the families and help parents in connecting what happens on Sunday mornings to what happens at home.
- Be a model for those who attend Great Lakes Church of a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ.