High School Pastor – Job Description
This position provides pastoral leadership to the high school ministry at the Foster City Campus of Central Peninsula Church under the supervision of the Pastor of Student Ministries. The function of this full-time position is to develop and direct a vital
High School Ministry that moves students towards maturity in Christ through evangelism and discipleship. This position is full-time and would require 50 hours per week.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- To recruit and equip a team of lay leaders to work with High School Ministry
- To develop meaningful relationships with students by spending time with them in a variety of situations
- To implement the vision and strategy for spiritual feeding of high school students through preparation and selection of Bible studies, curriculum, etc.
- To develop a strategy for penetrating numerous secular High School campuses with the gospel.
- To organize and plan activities, retreats, and overall calendar of the High School Ministry
- To interface and counsel with students and parents as the need arises
- Oversee the development of a core of student leaders concerned with the vitality of student ministry
- To manage, with the Pastor of Student Ministries, an effective transition for Junior High students
- To lend support to our College Ministry with an effective transition of high school students.
- To help equip and disciple the designated high school intern.
- To be involved with the Student Ministry Team through staff meetings, activities, and events
- To be involved in pastoral staff meetings, activities, and staff responsibilities
- To be exposed to people and ministries that stimulate your personal growth and activity
- Be available to do other tasks that the Pastor of Student Ministries deem necessary
- Desire to grow in the love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ
- 5+ years of high school ministry experience in a large church setting (1000+)
- Multi-site experience desirable
- 4-year degree, seminary preferred
- Must like to work with students, adults and families
- Committed to reaching unchurched students
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate effectively
- A surrendered and teachable heart
- Able to manage and administrate a large, multi-faceted ministry
- Good working knowledge of technology; specifically Macs, CS5, Filemaker, iWork, Web 2.0
- Ability to work cooperatively with pastors, directors, staff, ministry leaders, others in the body, and people in the community
- Able to relate with the sophisticated family culture of the San Francisco Peninsula
- Are you “Orange”?
Pastor of Student Ministries