The Point is looking for a full time Family Pastor to join our ministry team. Our mission at The Point is Love God, Love People, Love Life. We are looking for someone who loves God and is passionate about developing families, students, children, and leaders
to grow in their love for God, people, and life.
The job responsibilities are as follows:
- Live out the 6 catalysts and cultural values (gratitude, honor, generosity, excellence, and multiplication) of The Point and lead volunteers to do the same.
- Carry the mission of The Point to Love God, Love People, Love Life to students by creating excellent environments for students to learn and grow in their faith.
- Provide an example by a lifestyle that is above reproach and respectable both publically and privately. This includes but is not limited to talk, dress, and social media usage.
- Provide pastoral leadership and oversight for Kids Point and StudentLife.
- Develop and execute an excellent Sunday morning age appropriate worship experience for students.
- Develop and execute a multiplication and growth strategy for regional student groups through intentional leadership investment and development.
- Develop a strategy to engage entire families in discipleship and growth from Kids Point, to StudentLife, to and Adult Groups.
- Develop and coach parent groups that provide community and support for parents with children of specific ages.
- Provide pastoral care including hospital visit and basic counseling for all Kids Point and StudentLife pastoral care needs.
- Create a healthy volunteer culture with opportunities for personal growth and development, good communication, scheduling, training, and appreciation.
- Actively recruit new volunteers and provide a quality shadow and new volunteer experience and training.
- Connect with parents/families and ensure their involvement with their child’s spiritual growth and create and execute a communication plan to keep parents informed and involved in Kids Point and StudentLife.
- Ensure proper follow-up is completed with all first time families.
- Plan quarterly StudentLife events by collaborating with Point staff and existing student event opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Outreach Director to develop student involvement in outreach opportunities.
- Ensure the StudentLife department’s administrative functions are carried out in church wide communication (web, social media, blog, etc.), database management, and budgeting, and volunteer recruitment.