Lake Shore Baptist Church (LSBC) is a healthy growing church located in Pasadena, MD. We are seeking a passionate experienced team player to be our part-time worship leader who will take us to the next level in worship. We average 300-350 in worship. We
have 3 Sunday morning worship services two are contemporary and one is traditional.
Job Description Summary:
The Worship Leader must be gifted by God to lead LSBC to new levels in worship. The Worship Leader will be used by God to encourage the entire LSBC family in worship. The Worship Leader will facilitate worship services that are best described as encounters
with God. The LSBC Worship Leader will creatively utilizing new, current and traditional music, will attend and assist with all “Church Wide” functions and events, as well as participate in all staff and church business meetings. The Worship Leader must:
- Work in conjunction with the Senior Pastor and Pastoral Staff.
- Serve as worship leader for all services.
- Create an inviting, worshipful atmosphere, where people can encounter God.
- Be responsible for all technical aspects of worship: sound, lights, media, staging, and the like.
- Oversee the church sanctuary’s order to include: cleanliness, including chair alignment, and seasonal decorations.
- Assemble and develop worship teams.
- Attract an increasing pool of gifted musicians.
- Actively be involved in mentoring and shaping the next generation in worship.
- Select music for all services.
- Provide pre-worship music (live or recorded) for 10 minutes before all services.
- Direct, recruit, rehearse instrumentalist and vocalist(s) for Praise team, Children’s, Youth, and Adult Choirs.
- Prepare annual worship ministry budget.
- Direct, train, recruit ushers for service(s) responsibilities, and the baptism ministry.
- Creatively communicate weekly announcements, e.g. skits, video clips etc. coordinating with worship services.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a growing personal relationship.
- An unbridled passion to lead God’s people in worship.
- Commitment to moral purity, mission and vision of Lake Shore Baptist Church.
- A track-record of excellence as a worship leader.
- Proficiency on either piano, guitar, or other instrument.
- A degree in music, worship, or a related field is preferred.
- Excellent people, leadership, and organizational skills.
- An engaging and gracious personality.
Salary and benefits provided: Salary will be based in part on education and experience.
Please submit your resume, including references, along with links to videos of you leading worship (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org