JOB TITLE: MEDIA & TECONOLOGY DIRECTOR
REPORTS TO: Administrative Pastor
POSITION TYPE: Full-time salaried position
ANTICIPATED TIME COMMITMENT: 40 hours per week
(Must be willing to work odd hours including many evenings and weekends, especially Sundays.)
JOB ROLE | PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
SOCIAL MEDIA & WEBSITE
- All Media: Proactively researches what other church media groups are doing, and closely follows industry trends to continually move Stone Church forward in the media ministry. Interfaces with and learns from those demonstrating best practices. Reports back on findings.
- Ensures compliance with applicable governmental laws and regulations regarding copyrighted materials.
- Social Media: Proactively pursues ongoing opportunities and initiates communications via social media (Facebook, Twitter, InstaGram, etc.) to keep our church family informed – as well as to maximize our impact in the community.
- Responsible for responding to inquiries and etc. generated by social media; ensuring prompt follow-up.
- Social media expectations (measurable)
- 10 posts per week – SC twitter & Facebook. Goal: Share information; mobilization to events
- Maintain Stone Church app.
- Email Newsletter: Creates and implements a monthly (to start) ‘News & Events’ email (ie. True Hope’s and Eastlake ‘s). Creates graphics, videos, worship playlist downloads, links for sign-ups (ie.,baptisms, membership, Fresh Start; mobilization to events to help people ‘grow’ is priority focus). Responsible for overall content of the newsletter; however, coordinates with communications team to critique and edit verbiage. In addition, all newsletters to be critiqued by Lead Pastor prior to sending. Goal is to have initial system in place and first newsletter implemented August, 2014.
- Website: creatively designs, develops, implements, maintains and continuously improves Stone Church website and ministry sub-sites; ensures content is up-to-date and continually maintained. Keeps site fresh & relevant each week with photos, graphics, content, etc. Creates and maintains online sign-up mechanisms, downloadable or interactive forms, communications links for accessing information or other needs. ? Works with ministry leaders to build and maintain creative, innovative sub-sites that are fresh, relevant, and up-to-date.
- Programs and maintains web applications to interface with the church management system, encode/upload video and audio, and interact with other social networking features.
- Manages website services to ensure 24/7 availability or troubleshooting.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
VIDEO OVERSIGHT & SUPPORT
- Oversees Video Production Department and activities of the video Production Manager
- Handles weekly editing and production of sermon podcasts. Uploads to web in a timely manner.
- Video support for video filming, editing & production as needed.
TECHNICAL ARTS – WEEKEND GATHERINGS & OTHER EVENTS
- Responsible for all aspects of technical production for weekend gatherings, mid-week gatherings and special events at Stone Church. Oversees all media – including image magnification / ProPresenter, sound, lighting, live video filming/switching, stage prep, foyer TV monitors & music systems, TV monitors for worship team lyrics, and other technical equipment.
- Is key interface for technical support on outside events held at Stone. Recruits and coordinates resources to handle technical support for these events. Also, oversees technical aspects of managing and sending live video feed to offsite locations and/or handling simulcasts brought to Stone.
- Attends weekly production meetings with worship/creative planning team to develop and coordinate weekly media and technical support for Sunday gatherings and special events. Also attends weekly staff meetings.
- Works with pastoral staff and communications department in handling technical support needs for church-wide ministries.
- Attends Sunday pre-service prep meetings; coordinates technical aspects of service. Handles pre-service rehearsals and technical checks prior to service. Directs the live production – ensuring quality technical support throughout the event.
- Handles graphic design of sermon series logos, pre-service advertisements appearing on media screens
- Handles design and layout of content used in image magnification / ProPresenter including background graphics, worship song lyrics, sermon support (sermon notes, misc. graphics (charts graphs, illustrations), scripture reference, etc),
- Develops, recruits, trains and spiritually leads a team of people to execute technology for worship services and events.
- Creates and maintains an operations manual for media equipment, and systems documentation for the overall media ministry.
- Media Room and Balcony Sound / Lighting Booth: Continually maintains these areas to a standard of excellence. Organized, clutter-free, clean, fresh, waste dispensers dumped, etc.
- Media & Sound Equipment: Maintains all media and sound equipment. Restocks media related supplies and ensures back-up resources are on hand for quick turnaround (batteries, lamps/bulbs for lighting system and projectors, etc.)
- Stage: Participates in planning of stage design; implements concepts and handles weekly stage set-up, ensures stage is prepped for services – clean, orderly and technically ready for service. Ensures back stage areas are clean and orderly.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Provides IT support for church staff and ministry departments (computer hardware and software, telephone systems, security systems, etc).
- Troubleshoots and handles technical problems; and/or secures outside resources to handle.
- Proactively researches, follows industry trends to continually move Stone Church forward in this area.
LEADERSHIP QUALITIES | EXPECTATIONS
- Is fully committed to helping people find and follow Jesus.
- Passion to reach our community through excellence.
- Is a leader of leaders who build teams and equips people to do God’s work.
- A team player with positive attitude, responsive and flexible; a spirit of servanthood.
- Demonstrates character, competency and chemistry.
- PROACTIVE in planning ahead; handling things before even asked, having projects ready to go vs. last minute response to needs
- Proven experience with media production, audio-visual and web-based technologies – and IT systems.
- Knowledge and ability to operate technical gear including: digital video equipment, lighting equipment, audio equipment, video switcher, camera and recording gear.
- Full knowledge of land ability to direct live production. Expertise in operating all technical equipment used in production, handle pre-sets, train and direct others.
- Highly creative; able to provide ongoing creative support to projects.
- High level interest in job-related technology and keeping up with the latest trends in the industry.
- Ability to meet deadlines. Effectively organize, prioritize and lead multiple projects.
- Possess attention to detail, problem solving.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Media DirectorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Technical DirectorVale Church
- Bloomington, Illinois
- September 29
Video Communications AssistantFirst Baptist Church Arlington
- Arlington, Texas
- September 28
Technical DirectorAustin Ridge Bible Church
- Austin, Texas
- September 27
Technical DirectorAda Bible Church
- Ada, Michigan
- September 27