Faith Church is a fast-growing growing, multi-site church of approximately 600 in the Greater Lansing area of Michigan. We currently have two campuses, with a third campus set to launch in February 2016. We are committed to helping people do life like Jesus, which we believe means doing life with God, with each other, and with the community. This vision is played out through our Missional Communities.
We are currently looking to hire a Worship Arts Pastor. This individual will lead the Creative, Music and Technical Arts teams at our Eastwood Campus (our live campus), while providing creative and technical arts oversight and training to weekend services at all 3 of our campuses. The right person for this job is someone who thinks “team” first and is consumed by training, equipping, and multiplying leaders. The right person is also someone who loves having and creating fun, and most of all someone who loves Jesus and loves helping others get to know Jesus.
To help you get a feel for the culture that we are developing at Faith, here are some things you will hear us say often: No Preferences Allowed, No Perfect People Allowed, Work Hard and Play Hard, look for where God is at work and join him, control what you can control, do for one what you wish you could do for everyone, and lead with Grace. If these things resonate with you, keep reading!
- Develop a process to formally integrate Faith’s vision of being people who do “life with God, with each other, and with the community” into Worship Arts. The Worship Arts team does not feel like a “separate than” ministry, but is integrated into the life and ministries of the church.
- In the context of team, conceive, design, prepare, direct, produce and lead high-impact worship services based on selected themes and drawing on a broad range of worship arts.
- Identify, recruit, develop, coordinate, and support a team of worship artists, including vocalists, musicians, dancers, spoken word artists, actors, set designers, and graphic designers.
- Oversee and support the development of worship-related ministry teams, including sound/media, communion, baptism, etc.
- Develop and lead the Creative planning process for weekend services.
- Manage budget for Worship Arts Ministry and direct the upgrade of equipment utilized during worship services (musical instruments and equipment, lighting and sound, worship technology, etc.)
- Oversee copyright compliance.
- Build relationships with staff team, church leaders, and volunteers.
- Pray for and with the leaders under their care.
- Lead other key ministry initiatives according to personal gifting and passions and church needs.
- Other responsibilities, as deemed necessary by the Senior Pastor.
Unique Qualities we are looking for in this Position
- Enthusiastic about Faith Church’s approach to ministry (attractional AND missional), as well as our specific mission and vision
- High level leadership and managerial skills, with a wide capacity to develop leaders and teams
- Passion for multi-dimensional worship
- Demonstrated ability to lead worship with vocal excellence
- Authentic and relational presence onstage that connects
- Varied taste of music and styles
- Ability to develop multiple arrangements and music scores
- Have strong conflict resolution and general interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of the technical aspects of music production
- Proven knowledge in managing all audio/visuals related to the worship experience
- An understanding and articulation of a theology of worship
- Ability to transmit verbal communication in a clear, concise, and coherent manner
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial work ethic
- Pastoral heart/Genuinely loves people
- Able to be at least a little goofy at times (We take our work seriously, but not ourselves!)
Key Performance Measurements
- New worship leaders are being identified, trained, equipped, and sent out
- The Worship Arts team is growing in size and in health, creating several self-sustaining worship teams that rotate
- People continue to grow and become Christ-like disciples
- Semi annual self evaluation and performance evaluations
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Pastor of Worship & ShepherdingMount Aetna Bible Church
- Mt. Aetna, Pennsylvania
- September 29
Worship PastorBeach Church
- Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- September 29
Worship MinisterFirst Baptist of Delray Beach
- Delray Beach, Florida
- September 29
Youth Worship InternKnott Avenue Christian Church
- Anaheim, California
- September 28