Northside Christian Church (NCC) is looking for an energetic, engaging person in our pursuit to glorify the name of Jesus. This role will join our team as a key leader in our Kidside Family Ministry environment called DiscoverTown, specifically leading the two year old and three year old environments. We are looking for an individual who will champion and protect this ministry environment so that our children can connect with Jesus, have a place to belong and be loved.
NCC is a growing community of believers with an average weekend attendance of over 5000 people. We are an independent Christian Church that is an Elder protected, Staff led fellowship in New Albany, Indiana, 10 minutes north of Louisville. The successful candidate will be a member of the NCC community.
The Early Childhood Minister will act as the primary leader of our DiscoverTown area by overseeing curriculum preparation along with volunteer recruitment, training and care. This position needs to work well with volunteers, be a charismatic leader and be an active recruiter in their ministry area. While this role is responsible for a specific area of our children’s ministry, this position will operate as part of a larger team that is dedicated to showing Jesus to all kids at Northiside. This role will report to the Family Ministry Pastor.
- Recruit, train and schedule volunteers to lead and serve in DiscoverTown’s Fire Station and Grocery (2’s and 3’s)
- Make sure all volunteers have completed application process…
approved background check
completed Kidside training
one on one interview.
- Oversee curriculum preparation for DiscoverTown’s large group and small group environments.
- Ensure DiscoverTown leaders are familiar with and follow all policies and procedures. Answer any questions or issues as they arise.
- Provide weekly pre-service meetings for volunteers for instruction, inspiration, team building and prayer.
- Ensure DiscoverTown rooms are adequately supplied as needed and are ready for use.
- Provide a proper number of rooms based on number and ages of children and appropriately staff using ratios.
- Kidside Ministry
- Train and supervise the student apprentices and assist in oversight of nursery coordinator
- Oversee DiscoverTown budget.
- Provide oversight to planning and implementation of Family Dedication Celebration services, orientation classes and volunteer participation.
- Ensure church ministry leaders are knowledgeable of open volunteer opportunities and requirements.
- Assist and participate in Kidside ministry programming and events.
- Coordinate social media touches for volunteers and families.
- Coordinate with other team members in the planning and implementation of parent connection groups such as Where Moms Connect and All Pro Dads.
• A desire to continuously learn and serve others
• A passion and calling to see kids grow in their relationship with Jesus
• Committed to the vision and beliefs of Northside Christian Church.
• Be a stable, mature and growing Christian with an exemplary personal, marital and family life (if applicable).
• Be of moral and spiritual integrity in all areas of life.
• Appreciation for own and other’s giftedness
• On-going desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character
• A team player and team builder who works well with others
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work independently
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• College graduate with emphasis in the field of education, child development, children’s ministry or Christian ministry and or extensive experience working with children, volunteers, and parents in church, school or non-profit organizations
This is our holistic direction as Church leaders and lay leaders that we’re committed to living out in our daily life. Expectations are everything and the Word leads us in this living.
• Gathering (weekend worship experience)
• Guarding (personal growth and protection of unity)
• Grouping (involved in group life)
• Giving (time, meaningful service, & faithful financially)
• Going (willing to share faith & invest well into others)
The successful candidate will be an active member of the NCC community of believers.
Interested candidates should submit:
Cover letter and resume including references along with salary requirements.
Email your complete package to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also submit by mail to:
Northside Christian Church
ATTN: Early Childhood Minister
4407 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children’s Ministry DirectorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
Director of Children's MinistryMission Point Church
- Somers Point, New Jersey
- December 1
Anthem Kids DirectorAnthem Church
- Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- December 1
Northside Christian Church
Northside started with a group of people who desired to follow Jesus and met in the basement of a house in 1970. What happened in the next 40 years can best be described by saying, “Only God.” Whether it's making an impact on the community, preaching the Gospel or moving locations to gather, the elders at Northside have always taken risks to follow God. That’s what it means to follow Jesus as a Church. And we can’t wait to see what Christ does in the next 40 years through His Church! To be His Church is an invitation of a lifetime and we More...