CALVARY BAPTIST CHURCH
A. Spiritual qualifications
1. Fulfill the biblical qualifications for leadership as defined in Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Timothy 3.
2. Demonstrate commitment to Christ and the work of His Church.
3. Model godly living in his personal life as an example to the church body.
4. Model the priority of prayer personally, as well as in the life of the church.
5. Be teachable and willing to accept criticism.
6. Demonstrate emotional and spiritual maturity.
B. Educational qualifications
1. Master of Divinity degree, or its experiential equivalent, required.
C. Leadership qualifications
1. Demonstrate administrative and leadership abilities.
2. Model ability in interpersonal relationships with all ages.
3. Ability to develop and work with a team of leaders in carrying out the ministry of the church.
D. Calvary Baptist qualifications
1. Affirm the Declaration of Faith and church policies adopted in the Constitution and Bylaws of
Calvary Baptist Church.
E. Converge qualifications
1. Demonstrate commitment to Converge Worldwide and to the Converge Heartland District by
supporting their ministries and collaborating in their activities as able.
2. Affirm agreement with the Converge/Calvary Baptist Ministerial Code of Ethics.
A. Cooperate with the Board of Elders in overseeing the ministry of Calvary Baptist Church.
1. Guide, direct, equip and advise church staff in the fulfillment of our mission statement
2. Supervise ministry of clerical staff in cooperation with the Trustees.
3. Cooperate with the Worship Pastor and Worship Leadership Team in planning and leading the
worship services of the church.
4. Conduct weddings, funerals, baptisms, child dedications and other special services upon request.
B. Oversee teaching, preaching, and worship, while serving as the primary preaching pastor.
C. Mentor other pastoral staff in developing preaching and teaching skills, providing opportunities, as
appropriate, for them to preach also.
D. Provide initial interventions and spiritual direction for members with special needs, including
E. Cooperate with Associate Pastor in visitation of church body in times of need and as requested
(illness, personal/family concerns, etc.)
F. Encourage and assist in the development of new ministries, with affirmation of the Board of Elders.
G. Oversee and participate in community, district, and global ministries of the church.
H. Promote Calvary Baptist Church and model godly living in his daily activities.
I. Submit regular reports on the progress of ministries.
1. Monthly report to the Board of Elders
2. Report to the congregation at regular Congregational Meetings.
J. Carry out other duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the Board of Elders.
A. Responsible to and serves under the direction of the Board of Elders.
B. Cooperate as a non-voting member of the Board of Elders to provide shared leadership for the
church body. This will include leadership development, planning and discernment of ministry
direction and vision.
C. Provide input and leadership, based on Biblical principles, to the Board of Elders and all committees
within the church.
D. Provide leadership to pastoral and support staff.
E. Provide spiritual leadership to the Calvary Baptist Church body
F. Shepherd the flock as directed in 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus
A. This job description may be modified by mutual agreement of the Lead Pastor and the Board of
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
PastorOpen Door Ministries
- Long Beach, California
- October 17
King's Harbor Church - Lead PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Torrance, California
- October 14
Campus PastorCrossroads Community Church
- Freeport, Illinois
- October 13
Senior PastorCentral Baptist Church Deer Park, TX
- Deer Park, Texas
- October 13
Senior PastorFirst Baptist San Antonio
- San Antonio, Texas
- October 13