Basic Function: The Senior High Director (HSD) plans, organizes, develops, supervises and leads Senior High programs, volunteers, and ministry to parents of Senior High students.
Nature and Scope: The Senior High Director reports to the Minister of Students (MS). The Director develops programs and plans for Senior High students consistent with the vision and purposes of MVPC. These programs and plans are reviewed
and approved by the MS and the Elder of Senior High. The Director operates within the scope of these plans and receives day-to-day guidance from the MS. Further direction emanates from regular Student Ministries Staff Meetings and bi-monthly MVPC all-staff
meetings. The Director will also be accountable to meet on a monthly basis with the Senior High Ministry Elder, whose role is to support and strengthen the Senior High Director. The Director also recruits, trains, disciples, and coordinates student leaders
and adult team volunteers in conjunction with the MS.
- Plans, leads, and provides oversight for all Senior High gatherings.
- Promotes & sustains short and long term intergenerational discipleship opportunities
- Plans and leads Senior High Retreats, camps, and events
- Maintains significant role in preparation and administration of Amor Ministries Mission Trip
- Plans and leads retreats and meetings for Student Leaders.
- Plans and leads weekly meetings for Senior High Adult Team Volunteers.
- Collaborates with Student Ministry staff in discipleship strategies & service opportunities
- Plan and facilitate regular local service opportunities for Senior High students.
- Provides a regular on-campus presence at local high schools
- Plans and conducts Senior High Confirmation sessions in conjunction with the MS
- Maintains (with the Administrative Assistant) the databases, registrations and proper records for Senior High Programs.
- Administers the approved Senior High budget as approved by the MS
- Prepares calendar and communications through email, website, and relevant social media for parents, students, and MVPC staff
- Schedule & plan monthly Spiritual Emphasis days for spiritual retreat, study, and refreshment
- Ensures Senior High continues effective ministry to students and families through perpetuation of current programs, planning and implementing new discipleship avenues.
- Ensures healthy leadership of programs through direct participation and supervision of Adult team volunteers through their selection, training, support and direction.
- Ensures that programs are supportive of and consistent with the Mission, Purpose, and Values of MVPC.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree including formal Biblical education
- Knowledge of and training in various discipleship models/strategies
- Knowledge of adolescent development, current trends in youth ministry, and family ministry
- Ability to organize and supervise diverse programs
- Ability to communicate with and lead program participants and student and adult leaders
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to collaborate creatively with other ministry directors