Position Description: Production Director
Believers Church, Chesapeake, VA
Reports to: Samuel Hager, Worship Arts Pastor
- Oversee production teams and systems that execute:
- Adults worship services
- Believers Kids services
- 4Real Student services
- Online experiences
- All special events
- Worship Planning Team (WPT) member
- Creative, logistics and technical planning of all service elements
- Execute the mission of Believers (making Jesus #1, one person at a time) through the implementation of new and upcoming technology
- Recruit, train, lead and mentor production staff, interns and volunteer teams
- Oversee purchases, maintenance, and operation of all audio/video/lighting/media production equipment
- Troubleshoot issues and support volunteers at all rehearsals and events
- Capture live events and programs on video
- Edit, export and upload all weekly messages to web and social media outlets
As a team member with Believers Church Staff, the Production Director is expected to:
- Add value to every task assigned, meeting attended and request made.
- Assist other staff in tasks/ministries as able and/or assigned.
- Be early/on time to the office, all meetings, Sunday services and other scheduled activities – as well as stay for the duration of the event.
- Be fully committed to personal, professional and spiritual growth
- Be organized, efficient, committed to time maximization and the ability to manage responsibilities.
- Complete assigned tasks by deadline.
- Do what is best for the mission of Believers Church, at all times.
- Have a familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model and an understanding of church systems.
- Have a history of generosity and a strong belief that stewardship equals discipleship.
10. Have a positive, worshipful, “whatever it takes” attitude.
11. Have the ability to lead multiple volunteer teams.
12. Lead a BeGroup at Believers at least 2 of every 3 semesters.
13. Love Sundays, work a full day Sunday and always do what’s best for the Sunday service.
14. Pray daily for direct reports and volunteer team members
15. Set department specific goals that are easily measured on a weekly basis.
16. Work while at work (be focused, not working on personal tasks, etc.).
- Strong technical background
- Strong people and management skills
- Trustworthiness and confidentiality
- Communications – written and verbal
- Ability to quickly learn internal database software and other applications
10. Positive Attitude
- Regular office hours (all Sunday services, set up/tear down and Monday through Thursday, 8:30 – 5:00)
- Occasional event/conference/special meeting as assigned
Believers Church, a rapidly growing contemporary, non-denominational church located in Chesapeake, VA (near VA Beach, VA) with a weekly attendance of 1,400+, is looking for a Technical Director.
The right person will have a strong commitment to and history of involvement in the local church. They will also hold a solid production background allowing knowledgeable oversight to all production aspects of a growing church (including but not limited to video production, sound, lighting, multimedia). An eligible candidate must display strong interpersonal skills, be a growing leader, have the ability to get along with anyone, and have experience working with and leading teams of volunteers.
Only resumes accompanied with a cover letter will be considered. The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer these 4 questions:
- Why you are interested in this position?
- What experience do you have in the production field?
- What experience do you have working/volunteering in a local church?
- What do you believe makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Technical DirectorVale Church
- Bloomington, Illinois
- September 29
Video Communications AssistantFirst Baptist Church Arlington
- Arlington, Texas
- September 28
Technical DirectorAustin Ridge Bible Church
- Austin, Texas
- September 27
Technical DirectorAda Bible Church
- Ada, Michigan
- September 27
Worship & Creative ArtsVintage Faith Church
- Santa Cruz, California
- September 27