Center Grove Baptist Church is a contemporary evangelical church with a strong pastor/leader that ministers to both the head and heart. It is reaches young families and beyond, while thriving and impacting the community, by intentionally keeping it simple, relating and challenging, building community, and providing high quality experiences.
Center Grove, located on the outskirts of Clemmons, launched in 1914 as a group of families met under a grove of trees on what is now Center Grove Church Road. Upon experiencing rapid growth during the 1990s, from 80 to 800 attendees, the church moved to a new campus in 1997. After experiencing ups and downs over the next several years, In 2005, consultant Dr. Steve Corts arrived at Center Grove, ushering in a new season of health and leadership, which inevitably earned him the position of Lead Pastor. Under his leadership, Center Grove experienced a second wave of growth--identifiably, transformation of its organization and structures.
Since then, the church has become simpler, stronger and focused on a clear mission, vision, and strategy deliberately aimed at making followers of Jesus by helping people find and take their next step toward Christ. Today, Center Grove Baptist Church is a source of strength and a beacon of hope to its community. It is a contemporary, evangelical church with a strong pastor/leader that ministers to the head and heart, thriving and impacting the community in the country-burbs, reaching sharp, educated, young families and beyond, by intentionally keeping it simple, relating, and challenging, building community, and providing high quality experiences.
Center Grove Baptist Church seeks a Small Groups Pastor who will be responsible for the development and management of the Life Group Ministry of the church. They will move the church forward in making disciples, largely through the development of authentic small group communities. They will additionally develop leaders in order to grow the small group ministry, while maintaining oversight of the assimilation process that ensures the possibility for new attendees at Center Grove to easily develop relationships that lead to spiritual growth and meaningful membership. During the first 24 months of work, the new Small Groups Pastor at Center Grove will:
- Oversee and develop the small group ministry of the church which currently includes over 50 small groups.
- Recruit, train, and mobilize future small group leadership by implementing effective methodologies that develop both new and existing group leaders.
- Lead and develop the assimilation process to insure that new attendees are integrated into the life of the church.
- Fill the pulpit as needed in the absence of the senior pastor.
- Lead the guest services functions of the church through a coordinator to insure that guests and members are provided with a warm and caring weekend experience.
- Work effectively with the ministry team.
- Personally disciple key leaders in ministry.
- Model personal commitment to following Christ as a disciple by loving, growing, serving and sharing.
- Communicate effectively with staff members and volunteers.
- An upstanding character of integrity and credibility.
- A friendly and approachable disposition with a natural sense of humor.
- If married, a supportive spouse who has a vested interest in both the marriage and the ministry, through which the relationship demonstrates a healthy marriage partnership.
- Exceptionally relational and intrinsically people-oriented.
- Display a high level of emotional intelligence and an intuitive nature.
- Tenacious and proactive result-oriented contributor.
- Comfortable in being both intellectually and spiritually challenged.
- Extremely receptive and welcomes feedback from Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor.
- A willingness and a desire for personal and professional growth that is evidenced by self-study as well as teachablility.
- An understanding and a commitment to the value of small groups in the disciple making process.
- A commitment to the Mission, Core Values, and Beliefs of Center Grove Baptist Church.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Community Life Director242 Community Church
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- October 23
Life Group Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Groups PastorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
Pastor, Adult Groups - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- October 10
Vanderbloemen Search Group
The Vanderbloemen Search Group is a retained executive search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries find their key staff.More...