Pastor of Senior Adults Job Description
Position Description: The Pastor of Senior Adults will work under the direction of the Pastor of Ministries.
Primary Function: Give direction to the Senior Adult Council in providing a balanced ministry to adults age 55 and over.
- Work with the Adult 55+ Council in planning an annual calendar of activities such as retreats, Bible Conferences, mission opportunities, community ministries, recreational outings and other appropriate events for Adults 55+.
- See that all events for Adults 55+ are approved on the calendar prior to announcing the events.
- Coordinate the Sunday evening “Brush Arbor” worship service.
- Confer with the Pastor of Ministries that the ABF classes needed for Adults 55+ are addressed.
- Encourage Adults 55+ to be involved in Small Group Ministry
- Make sure the ministry needs of Adults 55+ are meet.
- Maintain information of social services available to Adults 55+ through the church, and local, state and federal governments
- Participate in an on-going ministry to hospitals, assisted living facilities and nursing homes.
- Provide information and direction to church members with counseling & mentoring needs.
- Prepare and administer the appropriate budget categories.
- Coordinate and encourage a service project ministry
- Accept other assignments as made by the Pastor of Ministries.
General Ministerial Duties
- Perform other ministerial duties as assigned by the Pastor of Ministries including administer ordinances, conduct religious worship services, perform marriages, conduct funerals and visit the sick.
- Work with appropriate committees, officers and leaders in carrying out the Senior Adult Ministry of the church.
- Attend staff meetings and retreats.