Pastor of Senior Adults Job Description
Position Description: The Pastor of Senior Adults will work under the direction of the Pastor of Ministries.
Primary Function: Give direction to the Senior Adult Council in providing a balanced ministry to adults age 55 and over.
- Work with the Adult 55+ Council in planning an annual calendar of activities such as retreats, Bible Conferences, mission opportunities, community ministries, recreational outings and other appropriate events for Adults 55+.
- See that all events for Adults 55+ are approved on the calendar prior to announcing the events.
- Coordinate the Sunday evening “Brush Arbor” worship service.
- Confer with the Pastor of Ministries that the ABF classes needed for Adults 55+ are addressed.
- Encourage Adults 55+ to be involved in Small Group Ministry
- Make sure the ministry needs of Adults 55+ are meet.
- Maintain information of social services available to Adults 55+ through the church, and local, state and federal governments
- Participate in an on-going ministry to hospitals, assisted living facilities and nursing homes.
- Provide information and direction to church members with counseling & mentoring needs.
- Prepare and administer the appropriate budget categories.
- Coordinate and encourage a service project ministry
- Accept other assignments as made by the Pastor of Ministries.
General Ministerial Duties
- Perform other ministerial duties as assigned by the Pastor of Ministries including administer ordinances, conduct religious worship services, perform marriages, conduct funerals and visit the sick.
- Work with appropriate committees, officers and leaders in carrying out the Senior Adult Ministry of the church.
- Attend staff meetings and retreats.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
First Baptist Church
We are a church who desires to lead people to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through our ministry model: believe, connect, share, and grow. This model guides our ministries toward a comprehensive and cohesive effort to fulfill the overall mission of the church. It also helps each FBC Bryan family member determine their status in the discipleship process, offering insight in how to continue this lifelong journey of faith. More...