The pastor shall have under his care the spiritual and moral welfare of the congregation. He shall preach the word, have charge of all services of public worship, administer the ordinances and attend to such pastoral duties as may be specified by the Deacon
Board, Church council or church membership. He shall make a report of his work to the Deacon Board at monthly meetings, to the church at quarterly business meetings and is subject to a mandatory, annual vote of confidence of the church membership.
The requirements and duties outlined here are impossible for man alone. Only through much prayer, meditation, and guidance from the Holy Spirit can these tasks be accomplished.
- Preferably a bachelors degree or other ministry-focused higher education.
- Exhibits a passion for God and a Christ-like spirit and has a deep-seated desire to win souls to the Lord.
- Must be able to respond effectively and confidentially to sensitive inquires or complaints dealing with conflict directly, openly, honestly and graciously.
- Possess a mind that is open to new ideas, is flexible and adaptable, and uses sound judgment.
- Has the ability to make solid decisions based on assessment of facts.
- Possess leadership abilities to lead and work well with staff, boards and the church at large as well as be a “team player”.
- Must be able to coordinate several activities at once and possess solid time management skills.
More details are available by emailing email@example.com