Life Church (http://yourlifechurch.org/), an 18-year old church in the northwest Austin, Texas, suburb of Leander is looking for the person God is calling to serve as our Kids’ Elementary Pastor. Our kids’ ministry culture is relational, Bible-centered, out-reached focused, grace-driven, discipleship-oriented, authentic, honest, and fun. Our style of ministry values both larger gathering events and smaller relational discipleship.
Our church spent the first 14 years in 5 different locations. In the past 4 years we have been in our phase 1 building (we have 3 phases planned on our 20 acres), and we have quadrupled in size from 150 to 600. We are in 3 worship services, and we are starting to plan for our phase 2 building project, which will involve a larger elementary area.
We have a healthy group of adult kids’ ministry leaders. We just need someone to provide leadership so we can engage and reach more children with the love and life of Jesus Christ.
We are looking for a Kids’ Elementary Pastor with:
- Vibrant faith in Jesus Christ
- Godly character
- Calling to reach/grow children, train/equip parents, and recruit/build a team of adult leaders who minister to children
- Commitment to prayer and the Scriptures
- Heart for sharing good news and good deeds through local outreach and global missions
- Loyalty to the church
- Leader: exhibits proven leadership skills (vision, strategy, organization, execution, communication, recruiting, training, empowering).
- Example: Model a Christ-life for children, families, and adult volunteers.
- Unity: Embody Life Church’s purpose, beliefs, values and staff expectations.
- Visionary: able to see potential in a forming ministry and able to cast a vision that will engage both unchurched and churched children and families to follow Jesus Christ.
- Pioneer: able to create systems and scalable structures of ministry as the church grows.
- Self-Starter: is self-motivated to initiate ideas and work hard with a sense of urgency.
- Relational: exhibits excellent people skills.
- Missionary: able to connect with both unchurched and churched children.
- Shepherd: Provides devotional leadership, counsel, and meaningful spiritual encouragement to children, families, and adult leaders.
- Excitement-Generator: exudes an out-going and contagious enthusiasm.
- Gatherer: able to create engaging events that gather children.
- Team-builder: effective in recruitment, development, training, empowering, collaborating, and supporting the volunteer team that leads and disciples our children.
- Organizer: has good administrative skills
- Learner: a reader who desires life-long learning.
- Communicator: able to effectively connect God’s Word to the lives of children.
- Bridge-builder: values the importance of building authentic and meaningful connections between our children and their parents and the larger Life Church family.
- Fun-Lover: likes to have a good time.
The Kids’ Elementary Pastor is responsible for overseeing all facets of Elementary Ministry (1st-5th grade) at Life Church that reaches and grows children to live UP (God), IN, (Church), and OUT (World).
- Sunday Morning Gathering: Oversee the Sunday morning Kids’ Elementary Ministry, which will involve activities, worship, teaching (curriculum), small groups, and take-home activities.
- Kids’ Elementary Ministry Leadership Team: Lead the Kids’ Elementary Ministry Leadership Team by recruiting, training, empowering, collaborating, and supporting them through regular meetings, one-on-one meetings, and clear communication.
- Promotion: Promote the ministry and its activities through the website, social media, announcements, videos, etc.
- Recruitment: Grow the ministry by engaging and recruiting adults to volunteer in the ministry.
- Events: Oversee and/or assist in implementing the annual Easter Fest (Spring), Mega Sports Camp (Summer), and One Starry Night (Fall).
- Camps: Organize the annual summer day camp and pre-teen overnight camp.
- Baptism: Counsel children who are prospects for baptism.
- Missions: Maintain communication with Compassion International kids.
- Partnership: Assist church staff in meeting with new Partners of Life Church.
- Personal Development: Read and attend trainings and conferences in order to be aware of the latest trends and information related to Kids’ Ministry.
- Records: Maintain accurate records of Sunday attendance, event attendance, professions of faith, baptisms, and any other key metrics.
- Budget: Develop and administer an annual budget for the Kids’ Elementary Ministry.
- Staff: Attend staff meetings and one-one-one meetings with the Lead Pastor.
- Presence: Maintain a visible presence among staff, at weekend worship services, at special events, and within the community. Presence is also required on Christmas Eve and Easter.
- Always act in the best interest of Life Church.
- Perform other responsibilities as determined by the Lead Pastor.
- Minimum ministry experience of at least three years of children’s ministry experience with 50+ children in attendance.
- Seminary or Bible College training is helpful, but not required.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume (with at least 3 professional references), and a link to a video of you teaching children (if you have one) to email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children’s Ministry DirectorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
Director of Children's MinistryMission Point Church
- Somers Point, New Jersey
- December 1
Anthem Kids DirectorAnthem Church
- Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- December 1
Life Church is a different type of church. Since its beginning, the church’s approach has always been to offer a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere where people can come as they are, regardless of their background, and experience a relationship with Jesus Christ. More...