Saint Peter's Church desires to be a place where people connect to each other and to Christ, and to learn what it means to follow him. As this happens, we’re confident that transformation will take place. And with that personal change comes change in our
homes, our neighborhoods, and our community. This, to us, is the work of grace -- community, connection and transformation.
SCOPE OF MINISTRY
The Worship leader will:
- Oversee and encourage the use of music and the arts in worship, outreach, and spiritual formation at Saint Peter’s Church.
- Lead the development of worship teams and worship resources for all our corporate worship opportunities within Saint Peter’s constellation of ministries and mission.
- Champion the development of production resources (and teams) to support worship in the ministries of Saint Peter’s Church.
- Shepherd, encourage and extend pastoral care to the worship and production team members.
- Create opportunities for music and the arts to be used as a tool for outreach and connection with those outside of the Saint Peter’s Church family.
- Have a passion and competency to use many different genres of music from traditional to contemporary to lead worshipers on a journey of worship into the heart of God.
- Have a Bachelors’ degree, or the equivalent professional experience, and the capacity to lead and orchestrate other musicians.
- Have a strong musical ability with proficiency on an instrument, preferably a guitar, along with comparable vocal gifting.
- Experience in (or a willingness to learn) the historic worship of the Church in a modern context.
PERSONAL AND FAMILY EXPECTATIONS
Your life will be immersed and rooted in the rhythms of life of Saint Peter’s Church. Saint Peter’s will honor your commitment to Christ and your family as priorities in your life.
Saint Peter’s will encourage and expect from you a personal passion for Christ, a passion for personal worship, and a teachable spirit.
Saint Peter’s will invest in your development as a leader, musician, and person.
If you meet these qualifications and would like to be considered for the worship leader position at Saint Peter's, please email a resume, cover letter and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested applicants can find out more about Saint Peter's Church by visiting our website at saintpeters.me.