FBC Senior Pastor Profile
First Baptist Church is located in the progressive town of Gothenburg (pop. 3,530) on Interstate 80, in south-central Nebraska. This church has a rich history, is financially strong, currently running between 50-75, and is prepared to follow a pastor who will relationally lead them into the future, towards next-generation growth. As one of nearly 60 churches in the Converge Heartland District (BGC), the future pastor will receive collaborative pastoral support and encouragement from regional sister churches, a local ministerial council and also from the district offices. This is a great opportunity for senior and associate pastors with 5-15 years of experience. Thank you for reviewing the pastoral profile below.
- For more information on the church and community please visit http://firstbaptistgothenburg.weebly.com/
- If you sense that you may be a potential fit for this opening, then please submit your resume, four references, a personal/family photo and video or audio of two recent sermons to email@example.com.
A. Has a passionate devotion to Christ
B. Has a Godly Character (1 Timothy 3, Titus 1 and 2 Peter: 5:2)
C. Is a person of prayer and the spiritual disciplines who is growing spiritually
D. Has a high degree of integrity and will guard the doctrinal integrity that FBC values
A. Outgoing, people person who relates to others in a friendly and approachable manner
B. Accessible to people with a desire to know and be known by the congregation
C. Willing to become a visible part of the community and create opportunities for relationships
D. Strong ability to relate to and attract young families
E. Leadership Ability:
- Seek to fulfill our vision to see people saved and equipped to serve Jesus Christ
- Ability to keep a finger on the pulse of the church
- Ability to effectively communicate the activities and ministries of the church
- Motivates people and teams to action and involvement
- Competent in Conflict Resolution
F. Dynamic, Inspiring Biblical Preacher:
- Biblically accurate, clear, relevant, interesting and compelling
- Preaches in a less formal, personal and more conversational manner
- Preaches sermons that are topical in nature (thematic, verse by verse) and sermons that address felt needs
G. Able to lead and inspire meaningful worship
H. Passion and Plan for evangelism and grow the church spiritually and numerically
I. Appreciation, care and love for seniors since the majority of FBC are 50 years and over.
J. Education: possesses a degree which pertains to pastoral leadership and discipleship
K. Has experience in leading congregations as Associate or Senior Pastor.
L. Has a good work ethic and the ability to be flexible in carrying out his responsibilities.
A. Pastoral Candidate’s values and mission match ours.
B. Pastoral Candidate and his family are a cultural fit for our church, denomination and community.
C. Good connection between the Pastoral Candidate and his family and our people.
IV. Job Description
A. The Senior Pastor shall be the spiritual, leader of the Church. (1 Peter 5: 2, 3) The Pastor’s primary responsibility is to lead the church to see people saved and equipped to serve Jesus Christ.
B. Responsibilities of the Senior Pastor
1. Feed the Church
- Preach and teach God’s Word with accuracy, clarity, conviction, and relevance.
- Teach God’s Word in small group opportunities.
2. Lead the Church
- Provide leadership and direction for the church in conjunction with the Elders.
- Implement and accomplish the church’s mission and vision.
- Manifest a passion / plan to reach the lost and mature the found.
- Equip and mentor existing and emerging leaders.
- Empower ministry leaders elected to serve on our Commissions
- Direct and supervise the support staff.
3. Care for the Church
- Love the flock of God as Christ loves the Church.
- Minister to those with spiritual needs.
- Ensure that the sick, shut-in and bereaved are ministered to either personally or by others in the church.
- Ensure that weddings, funerals, baptisms, baby dedications and other such service are performed.
V. Accountability of the Senior Pastor:
The Senior Pastor shall be responsible to the Congregation, and held accountable by the Board of Elders. He shall make monthly activity reports to the Elders and Semi-annual reports to the church. The Board of Elders shall conduct an ongoing evaluation of the Senior Pastor's performance in order to help direct as well as to encourage him in his ministry. The Senior Pastor shall be ordained or willing to become ordained. The Senior Pastor shall serve as liaison for the church with (Converge) Baptist General Conference and (Converge) Heartland Baptist District and is also encouraged to take an active part in the Gothenburg/ Brady Ministerial Association.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
PastorOpen Door Ministries
- Long Beach, California
- October 17
King's Harbor Church - Lead PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Torrance, California
- October 14
Campus PastorCrossroads Community Church
- Freeport, Illinois
- October 13
Senior PastorCentral Baptist Church Deer Park, TX
- Deer Park, Texas
- October 13
Senior PastorFirst Baptist San Antonio
- San Antonio, Texas
- October 13
Victory Ministries of Alaska
Victory Bible Camp is one of two camps which are ministries of Victory Ministries of Alaska. The camp rests at the base of the Talkeetna Mountains along the river valley of the Matanuska River. From this retreat 95 miles northeast of Anchorage, the staff of Victory faithfully serves thousands of people yearly from Alaska and beyond. The grounds provide a rich combination of natural beauty, modern conveniences, and activities that help campers and guests gain a fresh focus on the important relationships that are part of their lives. More...