The role of the Director of Student Ministries is to oversee, supervise and develop the educational and experiential opportunities for Middle school, High school and College demographic. The Director of Student Ministries will work alongside the Senior
Pastor and MLT to carry out the mission of Discovery Church.
- Developing goals and objectives for Youth Ministry in line with the strategic plan.
- Identifying and testing curriculum resources.
- Recruit, train and work with the lay volunteers in coaching and strengthening their youth ministry
- Develop ministry and outreach to middle/high school students and college-age persons.
- Developing goals and programs that are designed to meet ministry needs.
- Preach as needed.
- Serving as a motivating, inspiring and engaging teacher to our students on a regular/weekly basis as
part of a larger plan for the spiritual development of our students.
- Leading and developing a Student Ministry Worship Music program.
- Developing a climate for students that is safe, supportive, and cultivates spiritual growth.
- Addressing specific personal and spiritual needs of students as they arise through one-on-one or
small group meetings, school visits, or other connections appropriate to the circumstances.
Identifying lay staff and lay volunteer resources and needs.
- Developing lay leaders who can love and lead our students effectively.
- The Pastor of Student Ministries will strengthen the programs and activities with young people
through the development of short and long-term goals and plans for the ministry.
- Development and implementation of an annual calendar of activities and programs that are inclusive
and promote relationship development and discipleship.
- Development and management of the annual budget for Student Ministry.
- Responding efficiently to communication demands including, email, phone, social media.
- Develop relationships with schools, churches, and parachurch organizations that support our efforts
to reach students in the church and the community.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a bachelor’s degree in biblical studies or related field is required. Graduate degree in biblical studies desired. The successful individual
will be a self-starter, not requiring a great deal of supervision, with a solid work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as the ability to research and use a multitude of information
gathering resources is a must.