To make disciples of Jesus Christ by leading Student Ministry Department of First Presbyterian Church of Edmond toward the pathway of “Gather, Grow, Go”.
Accountable directly to the Director of Student Ministries in regard to personal, professional, ministry matters; to the Student Ministry Committee of the Session of FPCE in regard to policy involving programs and ministry matters, and to the Personnel Committee
regarding personnel policies.
1. Assist the Director of Student Ministries in the overall Student Ministry programming.
2. Connect with students of their gender outside of the church building walls through contact work, attending students’ games, recitals, award banquets, lunches, etc. A ministry of presence.
3. Create warm and welcoming environments that enable relationships between students, as well as between students and leaders to form and take shape. A ministry of connectedness and community.
4. Administer and supervise, with the partnership of the Director of Student Ministries, programs and activities as determined with the Student Ministry Committee of FPCE.
5. Create opportunities that enable students to engage more fully with God, and to live out the reality that all of life is an act of worship. A ministry of worship and mission.
6. Willingness to be stretched and grown in the field of student ministry, and more importantly in their walk with the Lord.
7. Participate in training for staff as well as help facilitate training for volunteers.
8. Partner with parents of students by opening lines of communications, seeking support for the student ministry program, and building relationships with parents.
9. Attend the Sunday Worship service of First Presbyterian Church to encourage youth to follow their lead.
10. Learn and become expert, for your area, in FellowshipOne, providing data entry/updating as needed and providing overview of same for new employees.
11. Keep Outlook calendar current at all times and alert teammates/supervisor of planned absences.
12. Participate in any additional duties as deemed necessary by ordained staff, Director of Student Ministries, Student Ministry Committee, and/or Session.
Regular performance reviews will be conducted annually by the Director of Student Ministries as direct supervisor, in conjunction with the Personnel Committee and the Student Ministry Committee to assess policy matters relating to personal goals and performance
of job related responsibilities.