Grace Chapel is currently seeking a full-time worship leader (see note below) at our Lexington Campus to lead worship services at the Sunday 11:00 am Contemporary service, and every other week, at the 5:00 pm GC@Nite Service. This leader will promote a God-honoring
worship environment at these services and also at various other events throughout the year.
Please note: Although this worship leader position is posted as full-time, a part-time role could be considered, along with a corresponding adjustment in duties, for the right candidate who prefers part-time.
The full-time Lexington Campus Contemporary Worship Leader, in collaboration with the Worship and Arts ministry at Grace Chapel, will help to provide strategic leadership in the development of a contemporary style at the 11:00 am Contemporary and GC@Nite
services. Central to the vitality of both worship services is the establishment of a strong worship ministry, which includes casting a biblical vision for authentic worship, building healthy teams of worship artists, and designing services that lead people
into transformational encounters with God.
In order to be effective in this role, a successful candidate will be a growing Christ-follower* who possesses many of the following core gifts or passions:
- Worship Arts: Love and appreciation for the arts and a passion to use them creatively and biblically to lead believers and seekers into transforming encounters with God.
- Leadership: Gifted team-builder who can cast a compelling vision of both the significance and the power of great
contemporary worship and who will enable people to find, develop and use the worship arts gift(s) God has given them to build up the body of Christ.
- Pastoral: Passion and ability to create authentic community within the worship ministry where individuals are loved, encouraged and supported.
- Theological: Strong biblical literacy and theology of worship.
- Inspirational: Strong desire to honor God and inspire His people through excellence in worship coupled with strong platform presence and skills.
- Musical: Strong giftedness as a singer and with at least one musical instrument. Ability to write and arrange music is a big plus.
- Multicultural: Ability to build diverse worship teams and engage our increasingly multicultural congregation in worship.
*Note: This job description is largely focused on this worship leader’s functional role on the ministry staff. The spiritual health and vitality of the individual is also essential to any position at Grace Chapel and is an assumed part of a life in
ministry. A plan to maintain and grow that spiritual health is a required part of each pastor’s annual Ministry Plan.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports directly to Lexington Campus Pastor and serves as Lexington Campus staff member.
- Collaborates with the Pastor of Community Life who has oversight of the GC@Nite service.
- Reports indirectly (i.e., dotted line) to the Pastor of Worship and Arts and collaborates with the Grace Chapel Worship Arts Ministry team for purposes of planning and designing worship services
- Leads, supports and inspires volunteer contemporary worship band members on the Lexington Campus.
- Is supported by the Lexington Campus Technical Arts Director who leads a volunteer team in providing technical and media support.
- Is supported administratively by the Worship Arts Ministry Team Coordinator.
- Occasionally collaborates with others on the Campus Staff team regarding the worship needs of their ministries.
CORE DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Casts vision for contemporary worship at the Lexington campus, consistent with the overall vision for Worship and Arts Ministry at Grace.
- Develops strategies and approaches to connect the people and ministries of the church to this vision.
- Effectively leads and prepares musicians in a midweek rehearsal on Wednesday evenings and at run-through rehearsals on Sunday mornings.
- Collaborates with the Creative Arts team in creatively designing, planning and producing all weekend worship services and other special events (e.g., Christmas Eve, Easter, occasional prayer services, etc.).
- Builds and leads healthy volunteer worship teams by pastoring, mentoring, recruiting, developing and encouraging the team members.
- Regularly leads the weekend contemporary worship services, while also developing other team members to participate and lead worship.
- Provides organizational leadership and accountability for the Lexington Campus worship ministry including planning, budgeting, etc.
If after prayerful consideration you would like to be considered for this position, then we invite you to join in the application process. We have intentionally kept the requested submission brief to allow well-qualified people to participate easily.
Please submit your current resume with a cover letter briefly describing your faith background and the reason for your interest in this particular position. These items should be submitted in electronic format only to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls
You will receive an email confirming our receipt of your submission.
Grace Chapel is one of New England's largest Churches, with campuses in Watertown, Wilmington, Lexington and East Lexington. Approximately 4,000 people worship across these diverse church campuses each week. The Worship and Arts Ministry consists of
other technical, dramatic, literary and visual artists, orchestra, choir, musicians and singers.