Citymark Church birthed through a God-sized dream. By definition, Citymark means to "mark a city" through outreach projects that serve the community. It is a vibrant and growing church whose purpose is to be a contemporary, Bible-based, Spirit-empowered
church in League City, Texas.
Everything Citymark does, is rooted in the belief that He impacts everything about the believer, and through it, the believer is enabled to impact everyone around them. The church specializes in loving people, because people matter to God.
They value an authentic Christianity that is characterized by humility and relevance, one that is deeply rooted in biblical conviction and accessible to spiritual seekers. The church’s focus has always been to fill people with God, and not simply fill buildings
with people. Their drive has always been to see lives transformed, by which, His extraordinary purpose is fulfilled in the life of each believer.
Citymark Church seeks a Pastor of Student Ministries who will lead and maintain oversight of students in Junior High, High School, and College-age, up until 23-years of age. They will facilitate student growth within the context of a sustained relationship
with Jesus Christ by providing strategic leadership to the programming, staff, and volunteers of the ministry. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a character of flexibility, adaptability, and ease with a wide range of responsibilities. He/she will flow with
the predictable and unpredictable, maintaining pace with the growth seasons of the church. They will further maintain a strong commitment to personal and spiritual growth.
The effective Pastor of Student Ministries will achieve the following goals during the first 24 months of work:
- Develop and implement the vision, goals, and strategy for keeping Junior High, High School, and college-age students engaged and growing in their relationship with Christ.
- Increased growth in the student ministry, characteristic of a growing and thriving environment.
- Develop student programming, ranging from connect groups, missions, and camps, to miscellaneous activities.
- Presence in the community, specifically events involving with students and schools.
- Maintain larger number of volunteers serving on the weekends.
- Maintain a higher number of first-time students in all student ministry environments.
- Form clearly defined vision and strategy for reaching students and young adults.
- Significant improvement of all "Vibe Night" programming elements.
- Maintain a student ministry that reaches over 200 students on a weekly basis.
- Programming alignment with the Family Ministry plan.
- Recruit and develop volunteers and interns.
- Earn the trust and respect of followership, becoming a valued member of the Citymark team.
- Actively network with local school leaders and teachers.
- Partner with parents and help them grow as the primary spiritual influence in the lives of their children.
- Ensure that all volunteers and staff comply with the Child Protection Policy, including: screening, background checks, safety training, etc.
- Create a compelling weekly large group/small group experience for students.
League City is a city in the Houston/Woodlands/Sugar Land metropolitan area of Texas. The city straddles the counties of Galveston and Harris, with a population of 83,560 (U.S. Census, 2010). It is equipped with great schools, offering a quaint yet fun-filled
surrounding, attracting people of all ages and stages of life. League City has been designated as one of the 100 "Best Small Cities" in America. It is in close proximity to Galveston Bay, the Gulf of Mexico, NASA Johnson Space Center, and a short drive from
Houston. The area is also the third largest pleasure boat anchorage in the United States. The locale is home to some of the best restaurants on the Gulf Coast – serving brisket to shrimp and lobster to steaks. For anglers, there is great fishing in the lakes,
bay and gulf, offering some of the best waterside resorts in the country. League City has just the right venue or excursion anyone seeks.
Apply here: http://www.vanderbloemen.com/jobs/citymark-church-pastor-of-student-ministries