The Human Resource/Church Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the church office and support of the church mission by assisting in hiring new employees, ensuring compliance with policy and creating a professional work environment.
- Oversee office receptionist to ensure organized and professional management of church office.
- Performs background checks on all employees and volunteers who work with or around children; and with or around church offering, cash or other church assets.
- Create and maintain a performance review process for all employees. Work with church leaders to ensure all employees receive an annual performance evaluation.
- Administer an annual performance review of direct reports and maintain these records in the employee’s HR file.
- Provide copies of all employee annual performance reviews to the Personnel Team.
- Responsible for hiring temporary and part-time employees.
- Assist the Personnel Team with hiring full-time employees. This includes working with team to create job description.
- Responsible for termination of staff (as necessary), with the concurrence of the Pastor and Personnel Team.
- Ensure all new employees go through an orientation process that includes receiving a copy of the Manual of Operations (MOO).
- Inform existing employees of substantial changes to the Manual of Operations (MOO).
- Responsible for ensuring staff adhere to the Manual of Operations (MOO) and report (in writing) compliance issues to the Personnel Team.
- Responsible to inform (in writing) the Personnel Team of any staffing changes.
- Conduct sexual misconduct training on all new hires, new volunteers and all staff and volunteers at least annually.
- Identify development opportunities (through performance evaluation process) and provide necessary training for all full-time employees, as outlined in the MOO.
- Work with the church bookkeeper to ensure accurate processing, recording and reporting of all church monies.
- Oversee wedding coordinator to ensure that wedding policies are enforced. This includes collecting wedding fee payment and professional coordination of church weddings.
- Oversight of Communication’s Director to ensure improved branding of FMPC. This includes website improvements, developing social media strategy, updated church logo, letterhead and all church documents.
- Serve as a staff representative on the Personnel Team and assists with bridging the communication gap between the PT and church employees.
- Serve as staff representative on the Finance Ministry Team.