NOT USE THE 'APPLY NOW' BUTTON BELOW
***TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK HERE: http://goo.gl/PCQpJh***
POSITION TITLE: Director of Contemporary Worship
LOCATION: Great Cincinnati Suburb, OH
DENOMINATION: United Methodist
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate With Experience
OFFERED BY: MinisterSearch (https://ministersearch.com/)
This is an awesome opportunity for a dynamic Worship Director who is highly skilled in and loves to design and execute
high energy contemporary worship at a healthy, progressive, evangelical church that has 4 services (2 of which are Contemporary). We are excited about this new opportunity at a great church in a
very lovely suburb of Cincinnati, Ohio.
This position requires a strong leader for their two thriving contemporary, casual-dress worship services, and they love the congregation to "get into" worship -- stylistically, some of the artists they play are Hillsong, Bethel, Gateway,
newer Jesus Culture. Additionally, a Worship Leader who can teach folks how to “worship” is a must! There are two staff reports to this position, professional musicians, and a large number of volunteers who are eager and able to assist in all areas.
This body exists to glorify God and make disciples for Jesus Christ. They are an authentic community of faith that equips people with God’s word to go and impact their circle of influence. They believe in worship that is done with excellence, honors God,
and inspires people to a life change. They also believe that sharing the good news happens best by living godly lives and inviting people into the family of God. The Director of Contemporary Worship will contribute to the church’s mission of glorifying God
and producing fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ who are called to transform the world. The right person will be able to direct and oversee all areas of worship--Design, Lighting, Media, Sound, Video, Instrumentation, Bands, and Vocalists. Additional
duties and qualifications are below.
Located in an upscale suburb, the church draws from an area--within 5 miles--of about 190,000 people. This caring, very friendly church has many young people and families, with the potential to draw many more who are seeking
authentic worship in a contemporary style. The schools are blue ribbon winners and considered among the very best in the state. Fantastic position! Fantastic people! Fantastic location!
JOB DESCRIPTION / DUTIES:
- Serves to oversee all elements/participants of contemporary worship and on the contemporary worship teams, including serving as the primary Worship Leader of each of the contemporary worship services and special worship events.
- Coordinate all elements related to excellent contemporary worship, including music, drama, dance, video, sound, sets and all worship arts.
- Rehearse all elements of the worship service for smooth, seamless worship.
- Choose music and other worship elements to suit the unique context and culture of the church.
- Creatively plan musical settings to create a culture of worship and to assist connecting each person with God, whether an attendee or team member.
- Actively recruit new members for the contemporary worship team and train and equip them for service.
- Ensure spiritual growth of team members in their relationship with Christ through one-on-one discipleship, weekly devotions, and mentoring/pastoring.
- Stay current with new music that actively engages the people of the church in worship.
- Utilize Planning Center Online to its fullest potential for planning services, scheduling staff and volunteers, and working ahead a minimum of one month.
- Provide all needed resources including sheet music, chord charts, parts, mp3, tutorials, etc.
- Lead and equip others to lead rehearsals ensuring efficient use of time, and maximizing the potential of gifts offered for worship.
- Lead the review and evaluation of contemporary worship services, welcoming constructive feedback to grow in excellence.
- Responsible for oversight and administration of the contemporary budget.
- Have fun together. Serve together. Share life together.
- The Director of Contemporary Worship reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Four-year degree from an accredited University or College--music degree helpful but not essential.
- Church staff experience leading corporate worship including preparation and rehearsal of music, vocalists, and instrumentalists.
- Commitment to Christ and the local church. Strong spiritual life.
- Possess both a deep desire for creating excellent disciples in the teams/church, as well as excellence in creative expressions of worship.
- Gifted in a visible and demonstrative way as a worship leader and soloist.
- Must be able to design and execute high energy contemporary Christian worship with a creative team.
- Organizational and leadership skills which are apparent and consistent.
- Ability to read, write, chart and direct music for others.
- Able to play and incorporate a variety of musical styles into worship.
- Knowledge of sound, video and lighting with proficiency in media creation, editing, and presentation software.
- Ability to lead a rehearsal, train support staff, and develop teams for music, vocals, drama, and audio visual ministry.
- Self-directed multitasker who is organized and prepared.
- A team player who contributes your unique gifts to the whole.
- Excellent people skills, including the ability to invest in good relationships with staff, the church attenders, and the community.
- Willingness to be a lifelong learner and attend continuing education events.
DO NOT USE THE 'APPLY NOW' BUTTON BELOW
***TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK HERE: