Associate “to the” Student Pastor
“Lakeside Students” is the student ministry of Lakeside Baptist Church in beautiful Granbury, TX. Granbury is a growing lake town with a current population of almost 9,000 people. We have surrounding communities in the Granbury ISD that make up our 5A school
district that totals the Granbury School district population to right at 26,000 people. There is a great need in our city to reach the hurting and broken and Lakeside Baptist Church is meeting those needs.
We average between 1,200 and 1,300 attendees each week in three services. We have a healthy work environment, are financially free of debt, and are a kingdom-minded church with a huge support for local and global missions. Our student ministry is growing
and we are at a point where we desire a middle school ministry for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students and their families. Granbury ISD has close to 3,400 students in the middle school and high school grade levels. The need is great!
The Associate Student Pastor reports directly to the Student Pastor. The role of the Associate Student Pastor
is unique and specialized. It requires knowledge, experience, passion and a variety of skills. More important,
this person must love students and their families and desire for God to use him or her to win them to Christ
and to assist in their spiritual growth through ministry and discipleship.
For clarification, this position ministers to middle school students (grades 6 thru 8), high school (grades 9 –
12), and their families.
Classification: Part Time (20-25 hours per week)
Education: Bachelors Level Degree (or equivalent) is preferred.
Experience: 2 years in a growing church setting with a proven track record in student ministry is preferred.
• A born again believer whose moral character models the Christian lifestyle for students, their parents and
• Called by God to serve specifically in Student Ministry
• Understands and implements a balanced approach to student ministry through activities, Bible study,
discipleship and leadership development.
• Able to communicate effectively: This position works closely with the Ministerial Staff, students, their
parents, teachers, workers and church members at large.
• Aware of multiple resources that will facilitate the improvement of current student ministries and the
development of new student ministries.
• A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Bible.
• Demonstrates God’s wisdom when dealing with conflicts.
• Able to plan, motivate, and implement changes necessary to achieve the vision.
• Multi-media presentation skills.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Build relationships with students through contact at church, school visitation, extra-curricular activities and
other one-on-one visits.
2. Be available to students and initiate contact with all Lakeside students.
3. Build relationships with parents and the lay leadership serving in student ministry.
4. Model a Christian lifestyle through regular church worship, participation in all important all-church
activities and positive Christian relationships.
1. Discover and recruit people (both adults and students) who have gifts and sense a calling to student
2. Attend and assist in all training events for the student ministry staff in order to help provide quality ministry.
3. Assist in coordinating annual mission trips/work groups for student groups.
Ministry Coordination and Development
1. Attend meetings with Student Ministry Council and Lead Teams. Lead the meetings as needed.
2. Attend teachers’ meetings and lead as needed.
3. Speak on Wednesday nights as assigned by Student Pastor.
4. Assist the Student Pastor in developing and implementing a discipleship ministry
Provide for growth of Student Ministry
1. Assist in publishing student activities through the church newsletter, bulletin, student newsletter, mailings,
media publicity, etc.
2. Research, schedule, plan and attend special events as assigned by the Student Pastor. (ex. conferences,
meetings, seminary, retreats, camps and trips.)
3. Assist in developing and implementing gender specific ministries for the student ministry.
4. Train students and plan for special outreach to other teenagers within and outside the church.
1. Attend workshops and personal growth conferences to stay informed on new and effective ways to
implement student ministry.
2. Work with staff to conduct church-wide events and other ministries.
3. Perform other duties as assigned by the Student Pastor and/or Pastor.
For more information or to submit a resume, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, visit www.lakesidestudents.org to see an overview our student ministry.