Reports to: Pastor of Administration
Type: 40 hours, Salaried, Exempt, Director Level
Employees/Positions Responsible for: Financial Support, Accountant, Maintenance Manager, Facilities Support.
- Supervise the financial support staff and volunteers
- Oversee the annual financial review or audit with outside CPA
- Develop and maintain financial controls (depositing, check writing, expense report, offerings, online financial transactions, etc)
- Manage cash flow through checking and investment accounts
- Develop financial tracking reports for staff and elders.
- Develop and maintain accounting infra-structure
- Oversee payment of taxes
- Oversee donation receipts and related communication
- Lead and oversee church budget development between staff and elders
- Working with financial institutions ie banks, credit unions, online donation gateways, etc.
- Oversee balancing monthly balancing checkbook/bad check follow up
- Track accounting of internal funds such as youth camp, retreats, Christian concern, internally ear-marked funds such as outreach, debt reduction etc.
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable
- Create strategic plan for debt-reduction, capital campaigns, long-term financial health and stability.
- Participate in Financial Elder Sub-committee
- Custom financial reporting as required.
Human Resource Roles:
- Manage all outside contracts and employment relationships – contractors and consultants.
- Responsible for hiring and firing of office and custodial support personnel
- Responsible for working with, advising, counsel for all hires and fires for consistency with established policy.
- Formalize and standardize job descriptions and employment offers.
- Document and maintain personnel files
- Manage additions and deletions to LBF’s policy manual.
- Educate regarding tax and/or employment issues that face 501c3 orgs and churches
- Ensure adherence of staff to LBF policy manual.
- Manage Medical Benefits: investigate options, coordinate communication to staff
- Manage retirement funds: investigate options, coordinate communication to staff
- Oversee administration of staff vacation policy
- Worker’s comp audits
- Oversee Payroll including, creating new employment profiles, w4s, bi-weekly payments, taxes, year-end W2s, 1099’s, and related issues.
Office Technology Roles:
Church Management & Accounting Database
- Oversee database operations
- Investigating new technologies
- Implement new technologies
- Manage structure/permissions of database
- Manage information updating and data integrity
- Custom report development
- Initiate reports and mailing lists
- Office Staff and Pastoral integration: user training/troubleshooting
- Email address administration
General Office Computers
- Investigating new technologies
- Purchase and deploy new computers and printers
- Troubleshoot computer problems
- Network Management & Improvements
- Manage contract for printers
- Server and backups strategies and contracts
Office Equipment Management
- Document and maintain inventory list of all disposable assets of church (furniture, equipment, etc.)
- Order/purchase new office equipment as requested/needed.
- Oversee installations of new equipment
- Oversee Facilities Coordinator Employee
- Oversee Facilities Support Employee
- Oversee Maintenance Employee
- Oversee upkeep, rehabilitation of current property
- Maintain property insurance vendor relationship and report needs
- Manage all outside contracts – Custodial, Landscaping, Tree-trimming, Insect, Gopher, Insect, Window-washing, HVAC, Fire Alarm, Fire Extinguishers, fire-suppression, fire-inspection, etc.
- Lead all facility improvement projects and master planning
- Oversee maintenance, repair, and supplying of janitorial equipment
- Oversee the maintenance of rehabilitation of the current facility.
- Oversee the landscape maintenance of the church property
- Manage Church liability insurance, requirements, claims, and all other legal issues as it relates to our church
- Responsible for facility opening and lock-up procedures.
- Manage employee and volunteer key administration
- Respond to all facility-related emergencies.
- Oversee all aspects of planning and permit process
- Present proposals for and from contractors
- Work with approved contractors
- Be involved with daily decisions made within scope of responsibility during planning and building
- Work with realtors, planners, architects, engineers, etc.
- Oversee the financial dimension of new property acquisition and building
- Oversee mortgages and contracts associated with property acquisition and building
- Maintain clean and organized LBFC offices, storage rooms, kitchens, worship center storage, Belleview Garage, peripheral property storage areas
Assist Pastors in various projects as requested
Other duties as assigned
- Salary based on experience
- 1 week of vacation (accrues as per policy manual)
- 2 weeks of sick time
- Church Approved Holidays
- 6% Retirement Contribution
- Medical Benefits + Stipend
Applicants should forward their resume to Russ Parker, Pastor of Administration: firstname.lastname@example.org