If you are interested in this position, pray about it and then send your resume and cover letter to
Santa Clarita is one of the largest cities in Los Angeles Country, one of the safest large cities in California, 35 miles from downtown LA, and home to Six Flags Magic Mountain. But it is also full of people who are burdened, confused, and lost without
Heart of the Canyons Church is celebrating 25 years of serving and loving the community of Santa Clarita in the name of Jesus Christ. It’s also a very exciting time because we are planning on beginning services at a second campus in 2016. Realizing the
administrative needs that our church will be facing with multiple campuses, we are prayerfully searching for an experienced Church Administrator or Executive Pastor who can join us on our mission to make disciples in Santa Clarita.
The Church Administrator (or “Executive Pastor”, depending on giftedness and calling) fights for the health of the church by caring for the business and operations of the church with a mind for effectiveness and efficiency but a heart for ministry and service.
This role includes the general management of day-to-day church operations including oversight of finances, policies, staff, facilities, systems, preschool, and unity across campuses.
- Maintain the biblical qualifications of an Elder.
- Lead with a Christ-like character, integrity, and a heart for ministry.
- Use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
1) This position shall be directly accountable to the Elder Board.
2) An annual performance evaluation by the Senior Pastor and the Elders.
3) Attend staff meetings and other meetings called by the pastoral staff.
- Oversee and ensure excellence in church ministries and publications.
- Promote efficient and effective systems with church-wide compliance.
- Oversee the successful shift from a single site to multiple sites, and ongoing health of the church.
- Ensure unity between campuses.
- Provide oversight of the preschool ministry.
- Lead and supervise the maintenance and effective use of our facilities.
- Lead the church’s building programs including capital fund raising campaigns, master planning, contractor selection and construction.
- Research, negotiate, and administer all church insurance policies, acquisitions, leases, reviewing contracts and obtaining legal counsel when appropriate.
- Ensure policies and benefits are in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Research the hiring of outside contractor/vendors and negotiate contracts.
- Facilitate the Trustee Board.
- Oversee annual staff evaluations and strategic planning and goal setting, providing input in vision casting.
- Manage ongoing support and accountability for staff and ministry leaders.
- At least 3 years of church leadership experience.
- Computer, internet, and social media savvy.
- Proven experience in systems management, team-building, and problem solving.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.