First Colony Church of Christ is seeking a part-time Instrumental Worship Leader for our Christ's Church Foster Creek multi-site campus located in Richmond, TX. Please review the job description below. Any submissions that do not follow the Application Requirements
will not be considered.
To view a sample of the worship at Foster Creek, copy and paste the link below in a new browser window.
PRIMARY PURPOSE & FUNCTION
Under the supervision of the Campus Minister, the Christ Church Foster Creek Worship Leader assists in the planning of worship services and leads the worship team and congregation during worship services.
- Worship Video – Submit a video of you leading worship in a corporate worship setting. Candidates without a video will not be considered.
- Resume – Submit a resume that highlights your experience leading worship and professional work history. Please include any non-church related work history.
- Worship Style – In your cover letter, please include a description of your worship style and include examples of songs you prefer to lead.
- Express of a contagious love of Jesus through music
- Lead the congregation in worship with enthusiasm and excellence
- Thoroughly prepare for rehearsals and services. Including knowing and understanding what the praise band members are playing
- Assist in the recruitment, training and leading of worship ministry volunteers
- Lead Celebrate Recovery worship
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a gifted singer
- Must have a knowledge of basic vocal techniques and singing styles
- Must be a gifted musician with a proficiency in at least one instrument; guitar preferred
- Must understand how to lead and direct a worship band
- Must possess the ability to communicate promptly and effectively
- Must be a champion of the church staff culture
- Must be a champion of good church membership - Attend, Give, Serve, Support, Follow Jesus and Resolve Conflict Biblically
- Must be reliable and on-time
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Must have an eye for detail and the ability to quickly identify issues
- Must possess an internal desire to bring professionalism to worship services
- Knowledge of worship planning software including Planning Center Online
- Worship Minister, Senior Minister, Executive Minister, Worship Ministry Associate and Campus Minister
- H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent
Team Leader: Campus Minister
Payroll Status: Part Time
Hours: Wednesday 6:00p to 8:30p, Sunday 7:30 a to 1:00p, additional 3 to 4 hours of flex time