Coastal Community Church is a non-denominational church in Charleston, SC. For many years the church was about 100-150 people; however in the last five years the church has grown and now averages over 450 people a Sunday. Due to our growth
and limited venue we have almost completed a new Multi-purpose Building that will seat approx. 600. Our previous Youth Pastor regularly saw 40-50 Middle/High School students each week.
Coastal has wide demographic of people that attend; however the main demographic of the church is young families (20's / 30's / 40's). We have an enormous focus on Evangelism and doing everything possible to reach the unchurched.
This is a full-time position. This person will average 40 hours a week plus Sunday services. We work six days a week, taking off most Saturdays; however because of this we try to create space during other times of the week. Schedules are
flexible, depending on the week and responsibilities. The Coastal staff works together as a team, doing whatever it takes to accomplish the overall mission of the church.
The Youth Pastor is responsible to minister to all students, grades 6th to 12th. This includes planning, coordinating and developing activities and events that will help build relationships between him and the students, volunteer staff, and parents/guardians.
The Student Ministry of Coastal exists to actively nurture young people toward spiritual maturity by: leading them into a relationship with Jesus Christ and assisting them in fulfillment of our LIFE statement – “Coastal exists to share and experience LIFE!”
Jesus came to bring LIFE and LIFE is only found in Him.
- Evidence of personal salvation and a deepening relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A passion to minister to students.
- Agreement with our church statement of faith.
- A teachable spirit and a servant’s heart (Team Player).
- Willingness to work as a contributing and cooperating member with the Pastor and church leadership.
- Ability to plan, organize, train, and supervise student ministry.
- Interpersonal relationship skills, with ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Commitment to personal and professional development.
- A degree in Bible/Ministry from a 4 year college is highly recommended, but not a requirement.
- Provide pastoral care and nurture to students by forming authentic appropriate relationships with youth.
- Assist the students in the fulfillment of our LIFE statement.
- Plan, organize, train, and supervise Student Ministry. This will also include the recruiting and developing of a Student Ministry team (Team Builder).
- Plan and implement short-term and long range goals for Student ministry.
- Administer the Student Ministry budget - approximately $15,000.
- Maintain consistent communication with parents/guardians, volunteer staff, and the Senior Pastor in a timely manner.
- Provide for the planning, implementation, and coordination of special events such as camps, retreats, mission trips, and recreational activities in a timely manner.
- The ability to preach on Sunday mornings for the Senior Pastor is a plus.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Participation in all church services and events unless directed otherwise by the Senior Pastor.
- Coastal places a high priority on reaching the lost. We are willing to do whatever it takes, short of sin, to reach the lost. Our evangelism strategy is “invest & invite.” We are “missional” AND “attractional.” We expect all ministries of Coastal,
including Student Ministry, to be a reflection of that passion and strategy.
- At Coastal we believe that the message of Christ never changes. However, our methods must change. We place a high value on using creative, contemporary means and methods to communicate that message. We will even redeem parts of culture to do so. We
expect all ministries of Coastal, including Student Ministry, to be a reflection of that philosophy.
- We don’t expect “lost” people (including students) to act like believers until they are believers. That makes our style of ministry messy. We expect that. However, we do expect that as people become fully devoted followers of Christ that they are
integrated into the life of our church – from the community into the core (see Purpose Driven Church).
- At Coastal we place a high value on doing LIFE together through small groups. We expect Student Ministry to do the same.
Please send cover letter, resume, references, current picture, video teaching links, and social media links to:
Pastor Chris Rollins
Please do not expect a reply just because you send an email. Only candidates that we are interested in will receive a reply.