Summary: The Director of Finance and Administration (F&A)
is a key member of the global management group, responsible for the overall financial, human resource management, and office administrative activities of the internal team that supports the mission and vision of the EPC. To accomplish all these ends, the
Director develops and maintains effective policies, processes, systems, and controls plus oversees a team as required to fulfill these responsibilities. Throughout 2016, the Director plays a central operational role in establishing the infrastructure and transitioning
to the new headquarters office in Orlando. The Director reports to the Chief Operating Officer, has key relationships with EPC executives and other department heads plus the chairs of the Finance and Personnel Committees of the EPC Board, and oversees 2-3
1) Financial. Serve as the chief financial officer of the Office of the General Assembly (OGA) of the EPC. Oversee and execute all accounting and financial functions, annual budgets, income/expense
forecasts, donor reporting, expense policies and procedures, asset management, internal controls, and financial reporting.
2) Human Resources. Serve as Director of Personnel. Oversee and execute personnel policies; administer payroll, paid-time-off, employee benefits; maintain all HR and related employee records.
3) Office Administration / Service Provider Agreement (SPA). Oversee all office management functions and associated vendor relationships; manage risk including obtaining and administering insurance;
maintain records of corporate legal and governing documents for all EPC entities; prepare and submit all reports required by governmental agencies. Manage execution of the Service Provider Agreement including accounting and financial services for EPC ancillary
Formal accounting degree with pertinent continuing education. Up-to-date, ongoing GAAP/FASB knowledge of non-profit accounting. CPA or other accounting certification very beneficial.
2) Experience (required). Proven record of managing accounting/financial function and organization in a non-profit organization. Successful completion of 3+ annual audits by leading
national firm. Implemented internal auditing practices. Proven ability to prevent and/or quickly resolve auditor-identified shortcomings. Familiar with and compliant use of ECFA certification standards & IRS regulations. Managed complex multi-entity financial
accounting and reporting. Familiar with and flexibility in use of online accounting system and associated database. Oversight of complete HR/Benefits/payroll function. Implemented and used full array of online payroll/benefits admin. system. Managed office
procedures, supplies, equipment, and physical site.
3) Experience (desired). Practical experience in a leading audit or CPA firm. Proficient use of Blackbaud Financial Edge and Raisers Edge.
Proficient department manager and leader. Works well with peers, governing bodies, vendors, constituents, and executive staff. Effective adoption & use of beneficial digital/online personal and office productivity tools. Demonstrated ability to initiate and
lead change in processes, technology, and roles. Self-starting, innovative, collaborative problem solver as part of management team. Upholds proper standards with dispersed empowered group of employees and volunteer leaders.
5) Personal. Follower of Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; growing in spiritual maturity. Affirm the EPC Essentials and aligned with EPC vision, mission, and values. Possess a high level of personal
and professional integrity and confidentiality. Convey commitment and vision of the
Finance and Administration function as an enabling ministry to support the whole EPC and OGA team.
6) Location. Reside in the Orlando area and work as needed in the current Michigan office until it relocates to Orlando.