Paid Youth Pastor Intern
We are two-year old church plant that is surely vibrant, gaining momentum, and people. We are looking for someone who has a life-long passion and calling for youth ministry (including having a heart for youth with special needs). We desire someone with
the genuine love and the drive to lead this crucial ministry in excellence. We believe in a church culture of biblical love, excellence, and honor and are seeking someone who shares this same heart of revival and for God’s youth. This paid intern youth pastor
position can easily extend into a part-time or half-time or even a full-time position as the need and growth may necessitate.
Our church vision statement is: “To bring revival to our city, our communities, our nation, and the nations by the power of the gospel.”
Our church mission motto is: “Saving the lost, awakening the saved, healing the hurting!”
- Provide vision and oversight of the UPRISE rYouth ministry (sixth through 12th grades), with the goal of providing excellent age-appropriate programs and activities and of being supportive and congruent to Revival Church’s vision, mission, and
- Teach and lead Bible studies every Sunday to our youth (after adult worship service)
- Lead a Discipleship Training (DT) and eventually a Leadership Training (LT) to disciple and mentor our youth.
- Select, plan, and prepare the weekly youth ministry Sunday curriculum.
- Provide pastoral/shepherding care to the youth and foster great relations with volunteers and parents.
- Proactively recruit, equip, and coach youth ministry volunteer teachers, leaders, and workers.
- Handle all logistical aspects of the youth ministry, including scheduling, coordinating, and promoting of youth ministry events (including retreats, fellowship activities, community & social justice events, etc.).
- Effectively manage the youth ministry budget.
- Coordinate and insure background checks are completed for each youth ministry volunteer.
- Attend all staff and ministry leaders meetings and contribute to the unity amongst staff and the congregation.
- Be present and intentionally reach out and welcome newcomers every Sunday.
- Coordinate youth baptisms and insure interviews by appropriate church leadership.
- Attend youth ministry conferences or workshops for personal and ministerial learning, growth, and development.
- A born-again Christian with an affable personality, an energetic, positive faith, and capable of developing positive relationships.
- Highest godly character and integrity.
- A life-long passion and calling for youth ministry.
- Some experience in youth ministry.
- A teachable, humble spirit and ability to work with others and prevent & resolve conflict.
- Studying toward the completion of an undergraduate degree or seminary graduate degree.
- The ability and willingness to cast and implement a vibrant youth ministry vision that supports the overall Vision, Mission, and Core Values of Revival Church.
- Giftedness in teaching and communication, leadership skills, and good proficiency in administration.
- Creative, organized, proactive, and self-motivated/driven; able to work with little supervision yet able to work effectively with teams of volunteers and peers.
- Ability and willingness to submit to appropriate church leadership and to work well with staff and peers (team player).