Full Time Youth Director Needed
Candidates for this position must first and foremost have a passion for God and for youth. The church is looking for candidates who have a strong faith, knowledge and understanding of the Bible, fresh ideas, creativity, experience, and demonstrated organizational
skills. Part of this position’s responsibility will be to help the church understand the full potential of the program and the youth involved. This position will include, but is not limited to, the development and oversight of classes, confirmation, activities
in the church and in the community, recreation, mission trips, and Bible studies. Candidates must possess a strong sense of creativity and direction and have the ability to think unconventionally. This position will involve interaction with a wide variety
of ages and personalities. This person will work in coordination with the staff, parents, youth, and members of the congregation and community in expanding the youth program. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and works well as a part of a team.
Candidates must be able to relate to youth of all ages and be willing to participate in all areas of the program. This is a full time staff position with benefits.
- Develop Christ-centered relationships with youth by being a mentor and genuine disciple of Christ.
- Manage and direct the leadership of and function as the primary staff person for the FUMC Youth Group and related outreach programs.
- Plan and coordinate youth participation in camps, conferences, retreats, and trips to promote discipleship.
- Identify, train, nurture, and develop adult and youth leaders to be disciples.
- Manage budget and expenses of youth programs.
- Plan and execute innovative ministry programs to include age-appropriate activities that promote community through fellowship, fun, spiritual growth and Christian discipleship.
- Develop relationships with school and community leaders to grow our Youth Ministry program.
- Encourage young people to participate in all facets of the life within the community of faith.
- Demonstrated experience in youth ministries leadership
- Effective organizational and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of music theory
- Effective worship leader
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record and background check
Send Application Requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Full Resume
- 3 References
- Video or audio of your worship leadership (does not have to be professional, just a sample of your leadership and style