JOB TITLE: Life Group & Connections Pastor
REPORTS TO: Campus Pastor
EXEMPT (x )
This position furthers the spiritual mission of Harvest Christian Fellowship
The Life Group & Connections Pastor is responsible for the volunteers, Life Group leaders, and staff of the Life Group ministry. The Life Group and Connections Pastor’s main duties are to strengthen the leadership of, and participation in, Harvest Life
Group Ministry. In addition, the Life Group and Connections Pastor is directly responsible for training, recruiting, coordinating, retaining, and leading new and future Life Group leaders to serve Harvest Christian Fellowship. Finally, this pastor coordinates
all Life Groups and Connections ministry, and develops volunteer leadership roles as needed.
KEY PERFORMANCE FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
I. PROVISION OF SERVICES:
The Life Group & Connections Pastor is responsible for the Life Group and Connections leadership of a Harvest Christian Fellowship campus. He will work with the Campus Pastor and other Campus Pastors to provide congruent services in Life Groups and Connections
ministry operations. Primary areas of responsibility include:
- Manage, oversee, and direct all Life Group and Connections Ministry activities
- Oversee and direct the connection process of the Life Group Ministry
- Plan, build, and mentor Life Group leaders
- Oversee and develop Life Group Leaders at Harvest in the following ways:
- Connect with individual Life Group Leaders at least once a month through email, phone, and/or individual meeting,
- Meet with Life Groups Team at least quarterly
- Coordinate the annual Vision Summit with Campus Pastors and other campus Life Group & Connection Pastors
- Produce weekly sermon-based Life Group Questions during regular Life Group semesters
- Audit one different Life Group each month to evaluate it’s spiritual health and vibrancy, and follow-up with the group leader to advise, guide, and/or exhort
- Demonstrate daily, as a man of one wife, that marriage and family are a priority
Utilize the appropriate skills in accepting responsibilities of a Life Group and Connections Pastor of assignments while exhibiting teamwork techniques and effective communications, which contribute to the overall operation of the Life Group
and Connection Ministry. Understands, participates in, and contributes to quality improvement processes in the Harvest Campus system.
III. QUALITIES OF POSITION
The Life Group and Connection Pastor shall exhibit the following qualities in group leadership of a Harvest Campus:
- A growing personal relationship with Christ evidenced by spiritual depth and maturity
- An engaging presence and desire to connect relationally with people who don’t know Christ
- Modeling Biblical Priorities
- High energy self-starter who enjoys both interfacing with people and managing tasks/short-term projects
- Strong people skills including focus on “customer service” and effective teaming with colleagues
- Trust: Demonstrates honesty, keeps commitments, and conducts personal behavior in a consistent manner. Listens to others and objectively considers others’ ideas and opinions, even when they conflict with one’s own. Treats people with respect and fairness;
gives proper credit to others.
- Communication: Communicates openly by clarifying purpose and importance in a positive manner; stresses major points. Keeps the main thing in front of others and uses an appealing style, candidness and humor.
- Decision Making: Able to make appropriate decisions in a reasonable time frame; determining whether action is needed. Identifies problems and makes the most appropriate decision.
- Initiating Action: Takes immediate action when confronted with a problem or when made aware of a situation. Implements new ideas or potential solutions without prompting; does not wait for others to take actions or to request action. Takes action that
goes beyond job requirements in order to achieve the objectives of the ministry.
- Personal Growth: Accepts responsibility to grow spiritually, emotionally, and intellectually; sets personal goals to continue learning in order to know scripture, cultural awareness and confidence in leadership.
- Assist the Campus Pastor in championing the mission, vision and values of Harvest Christian Fellowship
- Assist the Campus Pastor in creating and sustaining a life-giving, Christ-centered, worshiping environment where people can begin a relationship with Jesus Christ and be taught how to follow Him in all areas of life
- The Campus Pastor by pastoring and caring for assigned groups of people within the campus
- Assist Grow and execute the Life Group and Connections Ministry
- Strong telephone and email communication skills
- Ability to serve as a classroom facilitator/instructor
- Ability to manage online content
- Maintains Life Group directory online
- Accumulates information from Life Group leaders to ensure that contact, location, and mission of the group are clearly understood
- Assists in providing ongoing training and leadership support to all volunteers. Includes being present at and participating in VISION Summit
- Brainstorming with the Campus leadership team for future educational needs, teaching opportunities and in rising up volunteer leadership
- Recruit new Life Group Leaders
- Teach Life Group Leadership Training Classes
- Support and Coach Leaders
Plant new Life Groups and Equip Life Group leaders to replicate process
- Ensure Life Group attendance is accurately recorded with the on-line attendance tool
- Coordinate regular communications to the Campus Pastor of Harvest vision for Life Groups
Promote Life Groups through Discipleship including the following: Membership Class, Holy Spirit Class, Freedom from Christ, Kingdom Families and Special Events
- Plan Life Group Events including agenda, childcare coordination, hospitality and facilities
- Form a Volunteer Life Group Leadership Team to assist in administrative duties
- Provides regular Life Group Ministry & Connections e-newsletter and e-letters
V. FISCAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Life Group & Connections Pastor will be overall responsible for all fiscal management of financial activities of campus Life Group activities through its campus budget through credit cards and other means of expense management. This will be accomplished
in association with the Campus Administrator.
VI. EVALUATION STANDARDS
The Life Group & Connections Pastor will be evaluated on the volume of Life Groups with a goal of 60% of participation of the total campus members.
VII. PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to read, write and converse in English unless serving in a bi-lingual role where Spanish is recommended.
- Ability to communicate with all types of members, guests, staff and applicable vendors if necessary.
- Ability to be calm and composed under stress.
- Bending, lifting (10-20 lbs), pushing and pulling and prolonged standing and/or sitting.
- Ability to respond to phones of all typed and other auditory stimulation.
- Ability to discriminate color.
- Quantative/mathematical ability
- Ability to evaluate and interpret information and make independent decisions
VIII. MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND WORK AIDS USED
- Computer and SMART phones
- Telephone and voicemail
- Calculator, fax machine, copy machine/scanner
- Various audio and video equipment
IX. EDUCATION, TRAINING, and EXPERIENCE
- Prefer a minimum of three years in a related Life Group pastor position or related ministry skill associated with a Life Group Pastor role.
- Demonstrated experience of leadership and team building skills
- Demonstrates high level of organizational systems management
- Demonstrates independent functioning
- Growing understanding of the Bible and practical theology
- Experience managing personnel to develop thriving teams
- Track record of successful recruitment/equipping/training of volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in bible studies or related ministry application
- High level of computer literacy
- Born-Again relationship with Jesus Christ
- Maintain an excellent attitude and work ethic
- Guard and protect sensitive information
- Maintain a positive attitude with professional pose
- Maintain integrity and self-motivation in all performance activities
- Provide a Servant’s heart in all activities
- Provide team spirit with staff, volunteers, and congregations
- Maintain excellent attendance and be of good health
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new tasks and job functions
- Personal dress and appearance appropriate to the business and ministry of the ministry
- Exhibit a “Whatever it Takes” attitude
- Attend monthly CORE services for Harvest leadership staff and volunteers