The Lead Pastor will lead our church in accordance with Scripture and our DNA document with primary responsibility for teaching, leadership, shepherding and vision-casting. As a leader, he must be capable of working with paid staff and lay leadership in
directing this body of believers toward maturity in Christ. “We proclaim Christ and strive to present every person complete in Him.” Col.1:28
The Lead Pastor must give credible evidence of having been gifted by God as a pastor-teacher and leader and, by his own life, be an example of the believer, seeking to live out in life the truth which he teaches from the Word of God. He shall meet the spiritual
qualifications of an Elder as outlined in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
MISSION OF THE CHURCH
- Provide for the spiritual needs of our membership for daily ministry, with specific focus on exalting God, equipping, challenging and edifying believers and evangelizing our world.
- Be responsible for all regular services of our church and provide regular preaching of the whole counsel of Scripture, applying it carefully to the needs of our people and defending it against attack or compromise.
- Encourage and promote the evangelistic outreach of our church through personal evangelism and church programs. Promote missions awareness and involvement according to Matthew 28:19-20.
- Lead our congregation in community involvement so as to bring the truth of Christ to an unbelieving world in an uncompromising manner.
- Support and encourage the leadership of all church-related ministries, including the ministry of Blackhawk Christian School.
- Provide leadership and direction to our church. Serve alongside Elders and Deacons as a member and co-chair of the Vision Council and the Leadership Council in order to:
- Seek God’s direction and vision for our church and all related ministries.
- Share responsibility for the stewardship of our resources through annual budget planning and administration.
- Share responsibility for the shepherding of our people through attention to our connecting strategy.
- Provide day-to-day shepherding and leadership to all church staff. Work in tandem with the Ministry Operations Pastor and Business Operations Pastor in order to:
- Disciple our church staff towards spiritual, professional and personal growth in an atmosphere of accountability and team-building.
- Recruit and select staff members and key volunteers to lead the various ministries of our church.
- Delegate authority and responsibility to appropriate staff along designated lines of reporting.
- Ensure full participation in the annual 360 degree review process by himself, all staff members and all Elders and Deacons as directed by the Leadership Council.
- Preside over all congregational business meetings, communicating clearly our church goals, objectives, and vision as determined by its leadership.
- Love God, have a deep relationship with His Son Jesus Christ, and be empowered by the Holy Spirit. - I Cor. 2:1-5; Phil.3:7-11; I John 3:16
- Love God’s Word, desires to preach/teach it in a manner that can be applied, and does so effectively. - I Cor.9:16; Acts 20:25-27; 2 Tim. 3:16-4:2
- Be a man of honorable character and integrity; above legitimate reproach (the scriptural qualifications of an elder). - Acts 6:3; I Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; I Pet.4:14-16
- Love people and builds healthy relationships and communities. - John 21:15-17; Acts 20:18-38; I Pet.5:1-3
- Have a leadership gift and experience with a servant’s heart. - Rom.12:6-8; Titus 2:6-8
- Embrace Blackhawk Ministries, its doctrine and DNA, its heritage, mission, values. - I Pet.5:1-3; I Cor.9:19-23
- Have a heart for and experience in discipling others. (add scripture references)
DESIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Have a minimum of 7 years of Pastoral experience.
- Demonstrate skills and gifts commensurate with pastoring a I000-member church.
- Have a Master of Divinity (MDiv) or Master of Theology (ThM) degree from an accredited seminary.