The Children's Ministry Associate Pastor is responsible for supporting the strategic direction and implementation of all ministry activities in support of helping children find and follow Christ. This includes the design and implementation of specific age
appropriate Sunday and off-Sunday discipleship experiences that support the spiritual growth of children and families.
This is a full-time, salaried exempt position. As such the employee is expected to manage their workload and time with their supervisor. A typical workweek for this employee is 40-50 hours, with the expectation that most of the work will occur in the office
during normal business hours and on Sundays.
The Associate Pastor reports to the Children’s Pastor. He/she participates on Promiseland Staff team along with other Staff/Volunteer teams as needed.
- Provides support to the overall vision and direction for Children’s Ministry
- Develops leaders for the ministry
- Builds and nurtures meaningful relationships with staff, leadership, members (children and parents), local community, and peers
- Maintains a balanced personal and ministry life
- Participates in teaching, training and shepherding of both leaders, volunteers and students
- Embraces the Strategic Direction, and engages in all four practices of Christ Fellowship
- Ensures Children’s ministry compliance with all applicable operational policies and procedures
- Develops budgets and performs financial oversight for said budgets in a manner reflecting good stewardship
- Supports Sunday programming implementation, mentoring and support of small group leaders
- Follows up with children/families on decisions for Christ and counsels with children and parents.
- Support D6 parenting seminars, and next step growth experience for Children.
- Specifically designs, leads and executes AWANA, Camp His Way, VBS, E.D.G.E, Children’s Choir, and other Summer Camps experiences.
- Prays for the church and areas of ministry responsibility in particular
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.