***APPLY FOR THIS POSITION HERE: http://goo.gl/tvlPFa***
POSITION TITLE: Student Ministries Pastor
LOCATION: Austin, TX
SALARY RANGE: COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 4,000
MinisterSearch (https://MinisterSearch.com/) is delighted to present an opportunity to join a multisite church with a weekly attendance of 4000 located in the fast growing city of Austin, Texas. This church is looking for a Student Ministry Pastor who is passionate about seeing middle and high school students come to know Jesus, grow in Him, and serve Him.
This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive, experienced leader to set vision, recruit and equip leaders, and grow their middle and high school ministries through engaging students and helping them encounter Jesus and the Gospel message. This person will lead the entire student ministry team of six and give direct leadership to the high school ministry. The church is strategically located between two large high schools, and they want to have a big impact on the student population! The right person will have a heart for students, regardless of where they are on their faith walk spectrum, be able to develop other leaders, work well on a team, and be creative and energetic.
Austin is a fast growing, fun city that has many assets. Widely known for its quality live music, it also has a thriving food scene, eclectic shops, historic landmarks, and the liveliest festivals you’ll ever find, including the Austin City Limits and South by Southwest music festivals which attract over 200,000 people annually. Outdoor activities, including breathtaking hiking/biking trails and lake sports, as well as Longhorn football, are also big draws.It is home to the University of Texas—with 51,000 students--that keeps Austin young and vibrant.
Additionally, Kiplinger Magazine named Austin as one of the 10 least expensive cities to live in the United States. Put all this together, mix in friendly people and a beautiful location, and you have a fantastic place to live, raise a family, and serve the Lord.
- Create a balanced ministry through developing a variety of environments for students to come to know Jesus, grow in Him, and serve Him
- Oversee all aspects of student ministries (6th-12th grades) by giving oversight to the Middle School Director, leading the entire student ministry staff, and directly overseeing the high school ministry
- Implement strategic plans to energize, invest in, and develop the ministry and the lives of the youth, with the goal of having a growing, engaging youth ministry
- Develop and implement strategies, budgets, and goals for growing the ministry
- Expand the student ministry through recruiting and equipping new leaders
- Maintain good relationships with volunteer leaders and provide continual motivation, feedback, and training
- Create content for weekly large and small group meetings, and communicate with leaders on how to incorporate it into their groups
- Develop relationships with parents through regular communication, parent meetings, and individual conversations
- Attend weekly pastoral staff meetings as well as any other meetings that pertain to your area of responsibility
- Serve as part of Ministry Team; report to the Pastor of Ministries
- Four-year degree from an accredited University or College
- Current experience leading and growing a large, thriving student ministry
- Mature, growing disciple with a consistent devotional life
- Meet the qualifications for an elder found in 1 Timothy, Titus and 1 Peter
- Exhibits a missional lifestyle and mindset
- Enthusiasm for making disciples and passionate about evangelism
- Ability to work on a team towards specific goals in a mutually edifying and supportive manner
- Capable and influencing team leader with strong interpersonal skills
- Familiar with current trends related to students, parents, and families
- Self-motivated, strategic thinker, with strong communication skills
*** APPLY FOR THIS POSITION HERE: http://goo.gl/tvlPFa ***
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Director/PastorGrace Covenant Church
- Olympia, Washington
- December 2
Director of Teen MinistryLutheran Church of the Resurre
- Granite Bay, California
- December 2
Scottsdale Bible Church - Student Ministry PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Student PastorStoryline Fellowship
- Arvada, Colorado
- December 1
MinisterSearch is the most successful church staff search firm in the United States. Over the years, we have worked with thousands of pastoral staff as they’ve pursued God’s calling in their ministries. With years of church staff experience, our consultants understand the relational aspects of ministry. We know the challenges you face when trying to determine your next steps in ministry.
Our role is to help you determine what the best position for you is. Sometimes, we recommend candidates stay exactly wher More...